Author Topic: Electric Microcars  (Read 22238 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Electric Microcars
« on: March 01, 2013, 11:25:36 AM »
Of interest? (Electric! - only me and Bob it seems)

Casple-Podadera

http://www.gizmag.com/casple-podadera-folding-car/26268/

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Electric Microcars
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:35:07 AM »
And Gary Numan. 'Are Threads Electric?'

Captain Seddon's were, as Stuart can tell you!

Varta you than me, na hah!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 12:03:51 PM »
Won't probe this topic however much you prod me . Thought bob more into biofuels  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 12:32:22 AM »
(Electric! - only me and Bob it seems)

I'm also guilty as charged.
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 08:34:42 AM »
(Electric! - only me and Bob it seems)

I'm also guilty as charged.

Oh very good.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 10:11:40 AM »
I am confused as to why this thread is in the off topic lounge. Small electric cars are microcars. and I for one do not dismiss them. In the war time period on mainland Europe when petrol was scarce electric cars were very popular as that was one means they could get to power their vehicles. The others being gas from burning coal or wood or leg power, hence Velo cars.

Who would like this topic moved into interesting discussions or an electric car garage tab?

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 11:11:02 AM »
i feel the odd one out as i thought originally RUM was more for historic vehicles - being rare as they were rare survivors - all this is why i dropped out from RUM for years . perhaps i will have to again

Modern electric vehicles for me - a complete TURN OFF
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 11:57:58 AM »
I cannot get around them being microcars in my sense of what the topic is. We never have had many electric cars at rallies. Really over the Microcar period of 1950 to 1970 there were no genuine electric cars competing fully with Microcars. They might put up a niche struggle as local or urban transport, the electric IC speak volumes about this. The ICE powered ones were and remain the pick of the crop for most folks in use or as a useable collectable now. The technology was not available to create the range for one thing. The commonality could be construction, shared parts and minimalist motoring, but not always.

I think electric cars are interesting. Not hugely so to me but they have there place and might yet make their real mark especially if the storage or creation of the electric motive power is made a whole lot more efficient within the vehicles at an affordable price. That alone means they are of note and without a wide knowledge it is easy to be a one trick wonder. So purely as an educational resource I need to be interested.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »
I dont care two amps what topic its under, if something interests me I read it, if not I dont.  I wasnt for the off topic lounge in the first place , I think it was Marcus who pushed it and now he is slipping away from the scene anyway.
Regarding modern micro's, when Rumcars started some of the cars it catered for were not so old then so irs really an on going thing. After all its not the register of OLD microcars is it?   LIke Richard though, my passion is for the old stuff.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 12:06:34 PM »
Of interest? (Electric! - only me and Bob it seems)

Casple-Podadera

http://www.gizmag.com/casple-podadera-folding-car/26268/

I wish they would put doors on these things. I recently discovered the Twizzy is made in Spain, could be why no doors on that one also.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 01:16:28 PM »
I dont care two amps what topic its under, if something interests me I read it, if not I dont.  I wasnt for the off topic lounge in the first place , I think it was Marcus who pushed it and now he is slipping away from the scene anyway.
Regarding modern micro's, when Rumcars started some of the cars it catered for were not so old then so irs really an on going thing. After all its not the register of OLD microcars is it?   LIke Richard though, my passion is for the old stuff.

Indeed so. The organization can move with the times even if individuals do not want to. Do not want to dictate terms.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 09:54:11 AM »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 05:57:50 PM »
Dear Bob

I have just come back from a Big eco exhibition in London where they were showing Renault electric vehicles and low and behold the Twizzy now has a roll down flexy side window option. The only problem is there is still a big gap at the rear end, so a rear passender will get soaked in a storm.

The roll down flexi window is not the sort of thing you could operate with one hand, so is something you can only use when stationary.
A step in the right direction, but a bit un professional.

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 06:17:08 PM »
when discussng these vehicles a pic would help i suspect i am not the only one who who doesn't know what a twizzy looks like ? is that what bob has ? last time i asked for a pic he didn't post it