Author Topic: Electric Microcars  (Read 22284 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Electric Microcars
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:38 PM »
Hear is a G-wiz Richard. Now you can see why I fancy a Twizzy.

Good news about the side windows Chris. Its a start!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 09:28:34 PM »
this gets more confusing , chris and bob call it a twizzy - isetta owners link calls it a twizy . bob inferred that was just his name for it  but chris has the same name for it  :-\
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 10:44:58 PM »
Dear Richard

What are a few ZZZZ between friends. It should only have one Z.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 07:16:22 AM »
'Fitted with a computer guided proboscis it automatically searches for the nectar of an available current from any available source to regain the energy it needs to move'. Bad news if you have ingested a cellphone!

Twizzzzzzzy, re inventing the KR201 Roadster side window. Wasn't clever then and it certainly isn't now. Interest in ownership, Zzzzzz.

Come on lets get this technology and design right and stop messing around with the inefficient box ticking styling exercises. Has anyone actually made a serious attempt at a fully compliant usable electric car that can compete with ICE taking in the entire life and usage of the vehicle as green technology? Moving the pollution to India and a power station at Dungerness with three days drive time from London to Scotland is just not cutting the mustard.

Dare I say that certain interests and companies are sat on technology that is not being used while we are tempted with the odd nibble so it looks like someone is doing something?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 02:17:37 PM »
Are you really wealthy Chris T? Have you seen the Tesla car for sale on Brit eBay within the 'other cars' category. Permission to go whizz whizz. Not a MIcro in any form but of interest to our Electric chums. Not quite so sure the price is!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »
Dear Al

I have not seen the Teslar for sale ebay. What ever it sells for is going be outside my price range at the moment.

I am very happy with my insight, The best car I have ever owned. It has done over 100 000 miles and has completely paid for itself, so from now on it is actually making me money. And in the present climate any earnings are worth having.

Have you noticed how Ferrari are now building petrol electric hybrids????

Watch out for the French electric car invasion, followed by the Chinese electric car invasion. You heard it here first.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 07:10:07 AM »
Dear Al

I have not seen the Teslar for sale ebay. What ever it sells for is going be outside my price range at the moment.

I am very happy with my insight, The best car I have ever owned. It has done over 100 000 miles and has completely paid for itself, so from now on it is actually making me money. And in the present climate any earnings are worth having.

Have you noticed how Ferrari are now building petrol electric hybrids????

Watch out for the French electric car invasion, followed by the Chinese electric car invasion. You heard it here first.

Chris Thomas

Tesla was at £55,000. So a few more miles in the Insight yet.
Funny you should mention Ferrari. EBay is full of them for sale along with other weekend wonder buckets including TVR wedges. Folk are thinking that these little used objects of joy filling up a garage are excess to budget. This could be the start of a bit of a 'Classic Car' sell off. Now off course I would not class some of this stuff as a Classic Car but the media will.
Could be that more urban based folks might take some of their sale price and use it to buy electric and then think about loosing the second car too. Folk will not want to trade their mobility but will be interested in saving overheads and fuel costs, especially if they can recharge the car at work for free. 

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 07:22:40 AM by Big Al »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 06:28:17 PM »
I dont care two amps what topic its under, if something interests me I read it, if not I dont.  I wasnt for the off topic lounge in the first place , I think it was Marcus who pushed it and now he is slipping away from the scene anyway.
Regarding modern micro's, when Rumcars started some of the cars it catered for were not so old then so irs really an on going thing. After all its not the register of OLD microcars is it?   LIke Richard though, my passion is for the old stuff.

Hello, it's me! Sometimes Life, Work and Everything gets in the way of interests!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 06:48:38 PM »
and i am sure we've all missed you friend  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »
Cheers Squire! I'm still not likely to be around much for a while but nice to pop in again; I hope that in my absence you have all been plantering the warts and ceeding the fat.

Er, watering the plants and feeding the cat!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 10:08:12 PM »
Hey! Welcome back Marcus, when I heard your cars was up for sale and you stop posting I thought you were gone!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 08:13:51 AM »
Still got the drum car though? I am slightly worried with your admitting you have been travelling to Cumbria. NOwing you like Thunderbirds, which powered anything with nuclear reactors I am now concerned that your planning to take the world over with an infrabass nuclear powered drum kit on a Unigate Milkfloat or something. Something is stirring in Sarf London - teas ready.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 08:23:38 AM »
Cheers Bob, I have considered selling DUF a couple of times but then get cold feet despite serious offers. The problem is I just have no spare time these days, I generally work for 2-3 weeks without a break then take a long "lunchbreak" with Squeak or my Dad, and both of them have health problems.

Cheers Al, the Drum Car has not been out for a few years and needs new batteries, but is still stored in my workshop waiting for the right time. meanwhile it has inspired several people "as I always said it would!) to mount a drum kit on, for example,  a motorcycle side car (see You Tube), then one guy drums while the other drives. Yup, they go a lot faster than me, but I was FIRST! And still the only one to do the drumming AND driving myself! The real difference though, is that mine IS slow and electric, therefore it IS suitable for use in processions and festivals, in supermarkets and pubs, on roads, pavements and in parks, so it is a more useful way to entertain the crowds!

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 10:31:18 AM »
Good to have you back Marcus.

Back to electric cars.

http://www.gizmag.com/colibri-electric-urban-vehicle-for-one/26709/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=94cc1df940-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email

And I know Al, it will take 10 days to drive the 579 miles to Aberdeen having to charge-up every 69 miles. That's 9 charge-ups.

If I want to go to Aberdeen (I haven't been there in the last 55 years) I would hire a car and it would take 10 hours.
If I want to go to Australia I wouldn't buy a 747.

If I want to go 10 miles to work and back every day at 1p/mile, with no tax, an electric car looks attractive.

Stick a good size PV panel in the back garden coupled with a small wind turbine for the night time and the electric is free!