Author Topic: Trojan loom where does it go?  (Read 6388 times)

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
Re: Trojan loom where does it go?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 08:52:48 PM »
what!?! Headlight level? I was looking lower the that!
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
surely if i remember correctly the wires go into the frame at steering wheel level , around the hoop and come out through a hole fitted with a rubber grommet at headlamp level on the other side - after all they are headlamp wires . i do hope this IS correct , why would they go any lower ? i remember fishing through the hole with a bent wire to pull them through . it was 20 years ago though. :-\
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 09:25:15 PM »
You can get a proper 'Draw Tape' these days pretty cheap.  Electricians use them.  Fairly stiff steel or plastic that threads through more easily than a bit of wire.  Then attach the electrics and pull them through.

For instance

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CODT.html?source=adwords&kw=draw+tape&gclid=CMi1ktHWrLUCFa3KtAodBDMAMQ

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »
both my before and after photos show wires hanging from the tube in that position
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 09:12:49 PM »
There should be a hole there, but perhaps someone welded over it? I bought a new loom for mine when I restored it about 7 years ago and found the trickiest job was getting all the wires into the dashboard and connected to switches lights and fuses. The modern wire has slightly thicker insulaltion, so a tight fit for old wires became an incredibly tight fit for new! Vaseline helps.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 09:53:22 PM »
Ooh er missus ! Ask bob he's ac/dc apparently :)

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 09:35:41 AM »
I will be back in the barn this weekend... I'll let you know  ;D

btw, just love that upsite-down dash... Amazing design... It could not have been that hard to add a hole on the rhs of the dash  ???
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:37:41 AM by thomast »
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 09:36:42 AM »
Not me gov, purely AC. Vox AC30 valve amplifier and an AC G-wiz.

thomast

• Chatty
    • thomastouw
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 11:25:07 AM »
Okay, on the right there is a 11mm hole  :o in the front tube. on the left there is a tinny gap in the joint/corner where the front tube meets the dash support tube...

I think it will be far more easy to extend the loom and go round the back!   >:( Who designed this  ;D
Trojan 200 and Bond Bug

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 11:45:57 AM »
Its not a tiny gap  :)its big enough . The 11mm ( mine was only 10mm ! I feel cheated ) hole is for the. Wiring a grommet - it all works perfectly . Vorsprung durch technic