Author Topic: Warren Classic  (Read 14883 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Warren Classic
« on: March 07, 2013, 07:06:43 PM »
We have just been notified of the Warren Classic Concours Car (WaCCCE) event that some of you may wish to attend.

It will be held at the Warren Golf Course in Malden in Essex (near to the cabbage field) on 4 May.

If you would like more information go to www.warrenclassic.co.uk or ring Nick Waller on 0787 5516817

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Warren Classic
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:54:41 PM »
answers on a postcard please  :) obviously i should go and bob as he's next door anyway  ;D

spotted the initials - we have loads of wacce ( whacky ) vehicles between us

just a thought chris , why this one in particular as it is not micro related . during the season i suspect there must at least a dozen or so concours nationwide every sunday are you going to highlight them all ? my two local car clubs have 3 each , each year for the different era's of vehicles .
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:40:34 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:29:04 PM »
Chris doesn't say who "we" are? Could mean they contacted Rumcars through the magazine editor.  Maybe they want a broad cross section or classic cars and are encouraging  microcars to participate. I read the link and it all sounds far too serious and posh for Thumper to be getting involved. Interestingly it appears this one is on a Saturday.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:45:17 AM by Bob Purton »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 08:14:41 AM »
A case of cabbages and kings. They might be shiny but Thumper would steal the day as he is more interesting!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 10:02:22 AM »
I just looked at all the classes in this concourse show, they certainly are trying to attract all the posh stuff, Aston class, Lamborghini class, the list goes on!
After giving it some thought I have entered Thumper just to take the Micky.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:03:26 AM »
No Sans Permis class then?

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:07:37 AM »
Dear Bob

The term "We" covers Rumcar (Jean Hammond) and Rumcar News (Chris Thomas), and therefore we felt it was right to share it with you all. They are looking for 100 cars to participate in their little money making enterprise. I think it would be good if all the Essex and North London Microcar owners were to get together and put on a show. As Al says they may well show the rest of the world a clean pair of heels.

They said that if any clubs would like to have a stand of their own that can be arranged (no fee was mentioned) and Rumcar could lend their Rumcar Banner ( 8 feet long and 2 feet high) if wanted.

I think Bob and Co should not be intimidated by the Bentley boys at the golf club.  Malcolm Thomas always manages best in show awards. Why not try for this one before somebody tries for Pebble Beach Concourse event!!!!

Chris Thomas
Rumcar news

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 01:30:15 PM »
No Sans Permis class then?

That could be classed as a contradiction in terms in itself and therefore cancelled out. Take a Type 70 as an AC and watch the fun?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 02:00:45 PM »
Well thats what I though Chris, I think Richard was wondering if it was just a new event that you personally had heard about. This is good  because it shows that they are aware of how microcars appeal these day. I have filled out the entry form but I dare say when I get a reply there will be some entry fee involved and then I will politely withdraw. Thumper will not be winning anything, it has cracked paintwork and a tear in the seat, he is just my hack.[thats a point, is Thumper a boy or a girl?]  Still as Al said it may create some interest amidst all the tarts handbags!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 11:11:56 PM »
Actually I thought it was some ordinary bit of junk mail - I see nothing in the invite at all
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 12:52:12 PM »
Do you make friends easily Richard? ::)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
Dear Bob

If the event is based upon vehicle classes and you are the only vehicle in that class, then logic would make you the class winner.

I say show them what a good microcar looks like.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 01:30:19 PM »
It would be nice to get a few there though.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 02:13:47 PM »
Dear Bob

If the event is based upon vehicle classes and you are the only vehicle in that class, then logic would make you the class winner.

I say show them what a good microcar looks like.

Chris Thomas

Indeed so.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 05:22:18 PM »
Wasn't being funny bob , just didn't relate the letter to rum in any way weiner related . Obviously I must be wrong , just assumed someone at warrens had mailshotted all car clubs. If I had a car in thumpers condition and the show was local I might well enter to gauge the public mood