Author Topic: Bruetsch bits  (Read 2589 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Bruetsch bits
« on: March 13, 2013, 10:17:02 PM »
would be very interested to hear if anyone could identify these items used by Egon Bruetsch

1)  the lining material for inside the car - has anyone seen it elsewhere ? ( these pics. of the Zwerg )

2) 12" wheeltrims - seen elsewhere ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Bruetsch bits
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »
The exterior wheel trims look like they might be Ace Turbo-trim items made by Cornercroft of Coventry. These came in a wide range of sizes and where held on by the car hub cap. Ace did wheel discs as well, but I haven't seen pictures of anything like the middle of the Bruetsch items. Hipwell Arden who advertise on ebay might be able to help.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:25:39 AM »
Thanks but not right this time -mine are a 1 piece item and bound to be of german origin . I do have the originals but very badly mauled with extra fixing holes everywhere
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:57:12 AM »
I have a set of 12 inch Ace Turbo trim earmarked for the Jolly if I cannot get the correct Ghia sourced ones. I sold the other set on eBay only a few months ago. They will fit many wheels but not offset dished as they are flat. No doubt a dished option was available as well.

If these are German and odd then a picture of the wheel and its mounting points etc might tell more than the hubcaps, which I cannot really make out on the original picture. Goggo 700 used a odd wheel and had a large cap with a trim behind for an extra. Maybe they did an all in one. They did several for the small Goggomobil. NSU were on 12 inch too with split cap and extra trim. DKW did all in ones but I thought 13 inch. No idea on Lloyd, quite a few variations on a theme there.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
Why dont you post a photo of one of the originals?
Thats going to be a fabulous car when its finished!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:12:38 PM »
Well I do hope. So but it has major issues  :( will post later

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:06:11 PM »
here are the original discs - yes i know they dont look bad in a photo , but some are poor . welded up holes that i am having trouble with . not essential but i was just wondering are they easily replaced in Germany ? well you never know unless you ask !

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 09:51:44 PM »
Which holes are we talking about filling up? The four large holes could well be the mounting holes. Like the Goggo full dish trims the embellisher is held on by the wheel nuts. If that is the case then the holes are the clue as to where the wheels came from they were intended to fit if they are not a fit to the Bruetsch. If I am right then that is going to be a rim like a Goggo or Hienkel.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 10:00:54 PM »
omg al can't spell heinkel now - is it cotching . e is before i before a k .  :)

no the 4 holes were put in by herr bruetsch to fit small studs he welded to the Lloyd wheels . forget them , the extra holes were drillled and self tappers used into the actual wheel edge as the studs had all snapped off !
recognise the trims anyone ?