Author Topic: Mystery car contest.  (Read 12026 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Mystery car contest.
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:11:18 PM »
Can you identify this car?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:24:10 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Mystery car contest.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:19:04 PM »
Can't see on my small screen but it looks gallic and somewhat Gordon like - the razor edges are Triumph Mayflower. But I will go with french although I can't see any onions on the handlebars of those bikes. Quite charming bob but not your tasse de te
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:21:30 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 04:49:20 PM »
Well its May 1955 if the registration is correct to the car and I think it says WEE THREE MOORE SPECIAL on the wind screen
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 04:55:12 PM by issysuy »
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:38:58 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 06:08:47 PM »
It is in fact a 'special' that is on the Register No R311 The Wee Three.
 DESIGNED & CONSTRUCTED BY LEONARD.MOORE 1950-1955
 LEONARD DIED NOV.85 SON BRYAN & GRANDSON IAN HAVE INTEREST IN CAR
NOW HOUSED IN BRATTLE MUSEUM STAPLEHURST
The engine is a Douglas 350 and the car can be seen at Museum in Staplehurst not a million miles away from the Hammond Collection.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:04:46 PM »
What a load of cheats, fancy reading what it is staright off the windscreen! :D :D :D

I had never really notice but the side and rear view ARE remarkably similar to the Triumph Mayflower. Well spotted, Richard.

What you really need to see to believe its how it steers, if I remember correctly it has a 360 degree circular rack which turns the whole wheel and engine on a kind of turn table. Very quirky and totally over engineered. Well worth a look if anyone is down that way.

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 11:17:56 PM »
Next time you will have to check your photos interesting vehicle would like to know more about it

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 11:33:22 PM »
Glad to see it's on the register Jean, is there any more information about it in the archive?
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 08:25:07 AM »
Wonder if he built several for the crash tests!!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 08:59:17 AM »
This car has been featured in RCN so there may be  back issues available. As quite a few forum users were unfamiliar with it maybe Chris will have to feature it again or reprint the original article.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »
Dear Bob

Good ideal. I will have to get some new photography as the original is long gone, but the words still hold true.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 02:48:53 PM »
Which issue was this. By the way do we think bob has delusions of grandeur ? He titled this piece mystery car contest ! Rather than the more usual competition   ;)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 03:56:07 PM »
 A report from deep France; (yep, that's where I am at the moment!)

Right, how can I say this without offending anyone/someone/everyone? Oh well, here goes. Just remember it's not aimed at any individual in particular, just a general statement. Over the past year or so I've noticed a lot of "what's this car" or "What's that car" and "Anyone ever seen this picture before?". In every single case where the aforementioned pictures etc have been put up, I have honestly been able to say to myself "yes, I do know that car/picture etc". I've only been round the micro world eleven years compared to the 20/30/40 years clocked up by some, but I find it's the old stagers (for want of a better expression) who are doing all the asking. Do you honestly really not know what this stuff is?! You've been around anything up to four times longer than I have!!! It should be me asking you what this stuff is! I just find it unfathomable that people who are meant to be enthuastiac about microcars have not made it their business to already know what just about EVERYTHING is....    

Is the above really the state of the nation (of the forum, as opposed to RCN the magazine) or am I the odd one out for having gone out of my way to stuff my head with everything possible and accumulated everything I possibly can in relation to the micro world. I do find I have been wondering for a little while now if there is anything new to learn in the micro world as presented here, and the above makes me wonder all the more as the ground we tread at the moment here on the forum should have been the ground we covered long long ago no matter how "new" or "old" to microcars we are.

I confess I don't go a lot on reprinting past articles in RCN. Such venerable publications should keep on pushing the knowlege forward rather than stand still or step back. I made it my business to get complete sets (or as complete as I could get) of just about all the different club & register magazines, in some cases going back to the early 1970s. If one is serious about "the knowledge" of these cars, then get on and find those back issues like we who went before had to do....

But then again, in the words of ol' Blue Eyes; "I did it my way."
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:59:41 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 04:41:30 PM »
Ah but you are not old enough to have forgotten it all. Equally stuart you are an anorak of the first degree and should get a life  ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »

Equally stuart you are an anorak of the first degree and should get a life  ;D

;D There is of course that to it as well...   ;D  ;)  8)