Author Topic: Peka, caravan not car  (Read 16794 times)

Oceanix

• Chatty
Re: Peka, caravan not car
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 04:57:06 PM »
If it would be German, it must have a number of identification plates, giving production/assembling locations and a company identification.
A plate on the axle, draw bar, a chassis number and a type plate (inside close to the door or out side close to the bottom).

That could help. There are quite a few PEKA Caravans to be found in the web at this moment.

E.g. a Peka Blessing here: http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/rheinland-pfalz/wohnwagen-mobile/u8970172
Here disussion on a 70ies PEKA caravan: http://358677.forumromanum.com/member/forum/forum.php?q=roller_esmeralda-fuer_freunde_klassischer&action=ubb_show&entryid=1102127170&mainid=1102127170&threadid=2&USER=user_358677&onsearch=1

If you provide some more details, I am sure we could trace it down somehow...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:03:28 PM by Oceanix »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 08:36:26 PM »
I am glad I'm not called Willy Gay!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2012, 07:35:44 AM »
Still no response via the Classic Caravan Forum. I take that to mean the question was to difficult. I must say I am a bit surprised that there is no response at all but there we are. Clearly Micronauts are more inquisitive.

The chassis plate offers the following.

PEKA

NORD - SUD - PLASTIK

Fabrik No - 593042 ----------------------- Baujahr - 1960

Eigengewich - 240 ------------------------ Nuizlast -

Achsdrucke   - 400

Brenise -

I read this as model, maker, chassis number, date, towing weight, Do not know but no entry, max loading weight, brakes, no entry as there are none.

Thanks for the links. I found several myself. The tow hitch looks promising until you find that the caravan chassis is by Walter Winterheim. I need to see what happened to that company perhaps but it seems unlikely a company making trailers would be buying in chassis to make caravans and would end up manufacturing tow hitches. Anything is possible though. Also I like the idea of advertising Willie Gay's Peka!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Oceanix

• Chatty
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2012, 08:50:19 PM »
Eigengewicht - 240 ------------------------ Nutzlast -

Achsdrucke   - 400

Bremse -

240kgs - empty weight
400kgs - maximum weight (axle weight)
160 kgs = difference = Nutzlast
Brake - (none)

Oceanix

• Chatty
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 09:06:48 PM »
Can you post a photo of the plate you are referring to.
Could be the chassis plate only not the one for entire caravan.

Germany always was very regulate - preferably a plate on every part
axle, tow hitch, frame, body, ...

I woul assume, Peka refers only to the tow hitch or axle and
is it Winterheim or Wintersheim?

Really - pics of all plates would help...

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2012, 07:27:02 AM »
The PEKA plate is the caravan. I can try to picture it but I doubt it will show as legible as it needs angled light to pick up the embossed lettering and stamped values and information having lost any colouring or surface finish it ever had.
The chassis has its own plating in the German style but of course that is for the generic design of the chassis supplied for total loading not the actual caravan structure that is placed upon it. Thus the Caravan plate takes precedents while it is a caravan of this design. I will endeavour to take a pic of it but it is rather awkward as the tow hitch clamp lever passes directly over the top of it.

If you are into ID on trailers I can start on the 'Bike' trailers if you like. I love the miniature version of the period German tow hitch on one of these. TRouble is all these things need cleaning before picturing and that takes time I do not have a huge amount of at the moment. Next car is about to go through the garage and I need to assemble another Heinkel engine out of three scrap ones and stash the remaining bits out of the way. I can then sell off a tatty Trojan project in my way.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Oceanix

• Chatty
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 05:40:11 PM »
Some of us here believe there are three Nord-Süd-Plastik that could be the supplier of the cabine. One has larger N, S and P letters than the rest, another is Nord-Süd Plastik (only one "-") and there was a company Europaplastik that had a produkt line Nord-Süd-Plastik but that was supplied only to the sports boat industry and has a little sail around the plastic.

Just from the text givem, it is hard to tell... I doubt PEKA being the manufacturer of anything else than the axle or the towing hook...

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
Ah. Interesting. I will take a special look to see if there is an accent punctuation. The stamping is all in capitol letters, not sure if that makes a difference. Get back to you on that.

I agree the PEKA part is really the selling name for the thing, I think. Only useful if someone has referenced the product rather than the manufacturer, probably. However once a Nord Sud Plastik is tracked it might suddenly appear to cross reference the information.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 07:46:49 PM »
praps this topic should be called not a peka caravan a peka chassis then  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 02:39:02 PM »
Peka has now sold to Essex to join a Viking. Pleased as the new owner seem very motivated to get the oddball thing back into a usable condition. Not a microcar owner and likely to be towed by a Ford Pop or Bedford CA as additional accommodation for first class passengers. THe classified work a little more slowly than eBay but tend to find a better quality of punter.