Author Topic: What is the point of the Register of Unusual Microcars?  (Read 16772 times)

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
Re: What is the point of the Register of Unusual Microcars?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 04:39:16 PM »
If the old folk do not like the teenager updating the site perhaps the old folk had better do it themselves any body and everybody can complain but nobody coming forward!!!
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 05:27:41 PM »
If the old folk do not like the teenager updating the site perhaps the old folk had better do it themselves any body and everybody can complain but nobody coming forward!!!

The old folk very much like teenager undating web site trouble is teenager doesnt update website! Old folk still clueless as to how to update web site. End result, no one update web site!  Can you do it Issysuy??

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 06:32:06 PM »
what are you old folk on about?? ???
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:15:41 PM by Jean »
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 08:14:04 PM »
yer thanks Jim :P
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2013, 06:23:40 AM »
As an older person I can confirm that time seems to go faster than when I was younger.  That said the reason this is not getting done is not about age but about time.  Time is apportioned in order of the importance of the tasks that have to be done, whether you make the list up or someone does it for you. Teenagers are on the cusp of finding out they can organize their own time. Therefore you are looking for someone who probably already knows how to do the task in hand that has some spare time. That person needs to not be as busy as, say, I am. That said I am well aware of the very true saying that if you want a job done find a busy person. There do seem a lot of folk who achieve very little over the same period as those who get things done. My theory is quite a lot of those folks are under instructions from someone else most of the time and get tasked with what to me is unimportant, like being present shopping for someone else's clothes. Poor sods, but if you do not stand up for your time you will not get it! Worse still you might have to get a Campervan! The ineffective Government is responsible for removing some time from the day by wasting it and creating a need to work harder to keep a standard of living - a tax by any other name. That leaves the idle, well since they will never get a car running they do not really figure in much of the calculations here unless they have skills to swap, which is the other way of getting things done of course.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 09:38:40 AM »
Ho Ho! There a quite a few of the later on this forum, love to talk and collect spare parts but will never actually get around to fixing up there microcar, thats if they own one at all! Still it takes all sorts. I didnt mean to discourage young Jamie but I was a teenager once and my middle name was procrastination! Getting the site updated is not the be all to me, having fun with the cars is the real hobby. Something Jamie will appreciate when we get his Peel running soon, I hope!

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 01:52:08 PM »
Unfortunately Bob I am heavily involved with another motoring hobby and I am out most weekends with the Ferguson club if you would like a look have a peek at the Ferguson Club page where we won first prize for the club stand at Tractorworld and before Richard says I am going off topic I have just had the Isetta magazine where they are appealing for items and helpers, much as I would like to help my wife loves tractors (including spraying and mechanics ) but hates micros so I am between a rock and a hard place
There are just too few people who want to come forward and do anything but lots who want to have it done for them I agree having fun out and about is what it is all about but Internet sites and magazines need keeping going otherwise the simplest facts and histories get lost

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 02:23:42 PM »
Do I want to look at the tractor web site? Now let me think? errr, No!  Though plenty of  other  Rumsters will!

I think in the case of updating the RC web site, there would be plenty of volunteers but without the skills needed, there it ends.
For example, on April 7th down at Jeans place there will be a little gang of volunteers helping out with maintenance, not for any personal gain but just for the enjoyment of being around microcars and networking with others. [I wish I could get my cars maintained by other enthusiasts! mind you I wouldnt let them anywhere near my wheel nuts! ;)]

I didnt know you were an Isetta man, I'm looking for a good worm and nut to improve my steering, do you have any spares, preferably the square cut type?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »
I eat my words, just had a peek and found it very interesting indeed, not because of the tractors but I didnt realize that Harry Ferguson , early Aviator and plane builder was the same guy as the tractor builder. The first Irish man to build and fly his own aeroplane in 1909. Looks similar to the Bleriot monoplane but being of that years it was almost inevitable! This youtube film is most informative and yes I know, its OFF TOPIC!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdXRIbbdTLg

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 02:44:05 PM »
It was never going to work, BMW. Worms do not eat nuts. That why they are so hard to find using nuts as bait. A worm with a crew cut is even more difficult. But the off Topic lounge has not nuts and could be rancid in every bite so better here than there?

I thought the Ferguson Club was another name for kickball's Manchester United. Then a mention of an interested wife and knew that could not be right. What's wrong with tractors? I could get quite on collecting little old garden ones. Micro tractors. Already got a Bolens. I hear tell of a Gutbrod Superior lurking in a certain collection.

None of which solves the problem in hand.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 04:15:39 PM »
Yes Harry Ferguson another man in the Laurie Bond mould brilliant with early carburetors and tuning never made things like Bond but as a salesman surely the greatest and as Bob says an early aviation pioneer

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 06:48:33 PM »
It was never going to work, BMW. Worms do not eat nuts. That why they are so hard to find using nuts as bait. A worm with a crew cut is even more difficult. But the off Topic lounge has not nuts and could be rancid in every bite so better here than there?

I thought the Ferguson Club was another name for kickball's Manchester United. Then a mention of an interested wife and knew that could not be right. What's wrong with tractors? I could get quite on collecting little old garden ones. Micro tractors. Already got a Bolens. I hear tell of a Gutbrod Superior lurking in a certain collection.

None of which solves the problem in hand.

Nothing at all wrong with tractors, they just dont pull my plough!! Boom Boom!!