Author Topic: Wanted, Bambox.  (Read 9219 times)

skootashaun

• Chatty
Wanted, Bambox.
« on: March 18, 2013, 11:01:34 PM »
Just incase anyone has one, or knows of one.
I would like a Watsonian Bambox for fitting to a scooter.

I have dropped hints before,.

Shaun.

07923 621786.
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Wanted, Bambox.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:49:36 AM »
Ah, yes. I can actually now get at my commercial sidecar. It is not in lockdown as I do want to sell it. Given a couple of weeks I can get it all back in one place so it can be inspected.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
Thanks Al.

The man who can get anything  ;D

As soon as it is gettable, let me know txt/call or on here and I will pop over.

Shaun.
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 11:36:10 PM »
I am looking forward to my trip to Oxfordshire.

:)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »
Getting there.
Got a terminally dead Metro 115 SD going yesterday. The immobilizer was stuck on with neither fob working the alarm. After a lot of wire cleaning and checking of power in car and fobs, without loosing the current and therefore the codes, I got the system working by adding a pair of AA batteries to boost the power of one fob. Car was deaf I think as it worked! So that is ready to sell and go on eBay unless someone is desirous. Cheapest car on the road I would think, a Metro with Peugeot 1.5 engine, 60 mpg and cheap spares. Offered it to Root but I fear the fact it works might put him off as that means he will have to drive it!
Merc starting today. If that works it can come out to the workshop and be preped for MOT so it can be sold off. The Peka and Metro can go round to 'soon going' position occupied by the Merc, which did not. That then opens up the possibility of three trailers, a small tank, the Bolens, two small cars and a moped, wood, gubbins and a sidecar to come around the corner to be sorted into stash or sell.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 07:34:11 PM »
Dear Al

You say you have three trailers, presumably one or all are for sale. What sizes are they?

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 09:37:01 PM »
There are two north East bloc style trailers to be pulled by bicycle/scooter/motorcycle - though one could be Dutch.

One lightweight with ali bits and high hand/male ball attachment.
Another in steel with fittings to carry - what? I do not know. Small female ball hitch in 50's style.

These would fit a trike with boot rack fitted with matching attachment not supplied.

There is a car style pulled female tow hitch lightweight steel box trailer idle for a microcar.

All are on bicycle type wheels and designed for light duties, moving shopping, veggies from allotments, etc. Could be used for camping equipment, beer or other important Microcar stuff (possibly cabbages).

None of these is suitable for heavy loads or moving cars, bikes, oil tankers or black holes sadly. You might get a Peel body in the biggest one?

I will have pics etc soon. Bit of an acquired taste I think but I can see someone getting fun out of them. I wonder about keeping the biggest for the Bolens but it would really be better with a period tipping trailer, if I can find one. Also want a blade for the front. It was to use as the moving device for dead cars. It has a drive pulley on which I can mount a compressor. A starter pack wired in and soft blade front and hook for and oft to pull stuff around. Great for going down the pub at Longcot too, the joys of village life. Rover made eBay but the Merc not touched as I feel a bit chilled today. Cannot afford to fall ill.

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 09:56:20 PM »
You sound like you have your work cut out Al  :o

Re: the trailers, you wouldn't have a spare wheel and hub for this trailer would you??

As far as I know it is a Swiss army stretcher carrier.
I used it for carting things about, and was on my way to a Hotrod weekender last year when I lost the whole hub assembly just outside Shepton mallet.
I had to abandon the trailer and cart everything I could strapped to my scooter  ;D

Thanks again for replying on the Bambox.

Shaun.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 08:02:53 AM »
The Bambox should be all in one place by next week. Lab-rat's wedding over the weekend to work round, but otherwise I will be about.  Looking at the picture you would like one of the trailers too. Got a proper balance and mounting for what you are doing. Metro is sold subject to MOT so onto the Merc which is refusing to start. Very cathartic clearing out. I have a 500 gal galvanized oil tank I am in two minds about keeping should someone choose to make my mind up for me.

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 10:21:19 PM »
Al, thanks for that.
I won't bother you next weekend if you are busy, but can do saturday if you want. Or I can get over the one after it would be ace.
What trailer do you have?
It will cost me a few quid to replace the suspension units on mine, and if I have an idea of price on yours, I can bring a little more cash  ;)

I was in Oxfordshire allday today at RAF benson.
I took place in a charity moped-a-thon.

This was our ride:

13 teams, and I didn't realise how competative and serious the others would take it  :o

That C90 was no slouch, took me on all the straights  :-\

Brilliant day, and all for a good cause.

Please let me know about next sat or the weekend after next etc  :)

Shaun.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:54:45 AM by skootashaun »

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 09:07:10 AM »
Don't suppose you are any close to digging out the Bambox yet Al  ???

Did the metro go in the end (not that I want that though  ;D)

Shaun.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 10:40:22 AM »
Bambox was got together and awaited your reaction. There wasn't one, so its gone into storage, I am afraid. To busy to get the bits out from where ever the ended up in a 1000 sq ft of moved stuff so far. Its roofing tiles at the moment at 1,500 a day. Once I am out, I am pallitizing the entire lot and sorting into keeping, selling, house, workshop, spares. I can then move from their in a much simpler and less hard work fashion. So I am afraid you will have to wait again. Your not the only one who has missed the window of opportunity so do not feel singled out. Sorry.

Yep the Metro went to the second bidder as the first decided to try and be a clever dick and thus talked himself out of the deal nicely. Seemed like a trouble maker anyway, wanting to know how and have copies of MOT before buying the car. I look after my MOT man so he bummed out there, big time. So it is now in Burnley, without its immobilizer, removed in five minutes by four young versions of Guy Martin, who knew how to do it. I hope they get good service from it as they deserve a bargain I think they got. Nice to see some young lads who have taken the trouble to get the knack.

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2013, 02:45:45 PM »
 ???

My reaction was directly below your last post on this thread.

Look up 2 posts where is say's:

Please let me know about next sat or the weekend after next etc  Smiley

Shaun.

I am not in the habit of driving to Oxford on a whim, with no address/contact details on the hope you did manage to clearout all the things in the way.
And that you would actually be in to do said deal on the Bambox.

Oh well.

Shaun.