Author Topic: Aircraft Spares  (Read 11716 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Aircraft Spares
« on: March 27, 2013, 08:49:25 PM »

I have been asked to source some spares for a plane.
Can't find the plane on the internet, but that could be African spelling or unique African plane naming - who knows?

Spare parts for Genet ST260 Aircraft. Parts specification is as shown below.

0850469-1 Starter Relay x 2

NS5F 055 Accelerometer x 1

8-041-508-1 Vertical Speed Indicator x 1

NAS1329 3KB5230 RIVNUTS X 100

NAS1329 3K 5130 RIVNUTS X 100

Any Idea what plane this might be and any contact details for spares?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Aircraft Spares
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:57:11 PM »
i just wonder about the amount of off topic stuff that you post barry - is this what it's for ? i thought it was meant for SLIGHTLY off topic but it seems to be for anything at all - i just don't get it

outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 08:58:26 PM »
Have you tried the main dealer?

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »
i just wonder about the amount of off topic stuff that you post barry - is this what it's for ? i thought it was meant for SLIGHTLY off topic but it seems to be for anything at all - i just don't get it

It seems that the main forum is for microcars from 1953 to 1966 then.

So now I understand, the off-topic lounge is for other microcars only - not Sans Permis or IC. or Mopeds. or anything electric.  or modern.

Only certain contributors are allowed to talk about aircraft or old fashioned sweets .............................yawn.

As there are plenty of contributors who know about aircraft I thought someone may be able to help-out and at least identify what plane I am looking for.
I like to help out if I can.
Best I don't disturb the dead quiet of the forum in case a flurry of correspondence on something important comes in.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:29:06 PM by Isetta_Owner »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 09:18:02 PM »
the Off Topic Lounge is for just that: Off Topic Stuff.

Don't discourage people from posting stuff here Richard.  :P

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 09:33:10 PM »
i have posted in off topic myself but its 90% on topic 10% off topic at worst . some contributors are the other way around which i find odd thats all  ???
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 09:36:03 PM »

I have been asked to source some spares for a plane.
Can't find the plane on the internet, but that could be African spelling or unique African plane naming - who knows?

Spare parts for Genet ST260 Aircraft. Parts specification is as shown below.

0850469-1 Starter Relay x 2

NS5F 055 Accelerometer x 1

8-041-508-1 Vertical Speed Indicator x 1

NAS1329 3KB5230 RIVNUTS X 100

NAS1329 3K 5130 RIVNUTS X 100

Any Idea what plane this might be and any contact details for spares?

Try putting the part numbers into a google search rather than any details of the specific aircraft
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 10:12:38 PM »
Thanks for the advice Rusty.  I will give it a try.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 10:26:50 PM »
Thanks for the advice Rusty.  I will give it a try.

Found most of the parts Rusty - thanks very much for the tip.  If the contract comes off, I won't forget you.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 10:49:05 PM »
Genet was an Armstrong Siddeley 5 cylinder, probably radial rather than rotary, engine. Used on the Cirvo (?) autogyro but was an off the shelf engine for light aircraft - be '20's to the war I guess. Does that fit with the aircraft's likely build date? Useless fact 459 - b2, accuracy estimate 75%.

Genet is a type of Cevit, which is a sort of cat known for its smelly bot used to make perfume for 'da beautiful laadies'. I think I prefer the Armstrong Siddeley version.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:52:01 PM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 06:54:26 PM »
Genet was an Armstrong Siddeley 5 cylinder, probably radial rather than rotary, engine. Used on the Cirvo (?) autogyro but was an off the shelf engine for light aircraft - be '20's to the war I guess.

Cierva, after the Juan who invented it! The Westalnd-built Cierva Autogyros were used to great affect to help test and calibrate the Chain Home Radar system without which we certainly would have lost the Battle of Britain.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 07:05:32 PM »
Just re read R V Jones and it is amazing that the system was really only attacked once. It was clearly underestimated by the high command and the failure to pass up information of importance to high level was a clear flaw in the German command structure even before the Fuhrer got paranoid and took over supreme command. The boffins clearly new its effect as despite the blab the Germans had there own system which while different was better in certain ways just as ours was in others. Having now nearly done with Barnes Wallace I can recommend the two as back to back reads as it exposes our higher command structure to be just as stupid in its own pig headed way.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs