Author Topic: can you tell what it was yet ?  (Read 11166 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
can you tell what it was yet ?
« on: April 02, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »
The Tourer project has started
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: can you tell what it was yet ?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »
I think that the MkG tourer is the best looking car of the later Bond models and will be a lot easier for you to restore than your Gordon and Pifel. My only concern would be the fact that you are restoring three cars concurrently now.  Will you ever finish one? ;D

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:32:49 PM »
Good point Bob the Gordon would be nice to see finished
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »
only working on the Bond as the parts came up and had to be collected dismantled and stored, meanwhile during my week off Gordon still resides at nightschool and i cannot access until the 15th . what am i to do?  tiling, shopping, paint the bathroom , etc. etc. don't blame me for it . anyway i am unfortunately not working on 3 cars ! i am working on 4 ! Gordon, Bonds A and G and the Bruetsch . i make my excuses regularly but all my cars have been bought very much as incomplete kits it has taken years for me to get the parts together. if i wasn't working very much full time then i would make much more progress - BUT be happy for me i am enjoying myself  :)
those who say they are eager to see the Gordon may yet change their minds  ;)

by the way don't you just love the lack of tyre tread on these old cars - bizarrely the spare was unused !!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:49:51 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 11:26:56 PM »
Sounds like your having FUN and that's what its all about
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 11:36:47 PM »
 Hmmm, interesting number plate!  :) Not seen one with a 6 & 3 looking exacly like that before. I can't quite see from here but is it the actual period-from-1965 original plate or a fairly modern repro plate? Is there a makers name on it?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 07:52:16 AM »
Time was the G steel panelling was available. I could point you at a donor MkG car or two. The danger is that they become cars 5 and 6. With a reasonable donor the project ought to be a simpler sourced job than doing rarities. Looking at it another way an Estate rear end could be made into a trailer.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 09:18:13 AM »
Well it might well turn up at a car BOOT sale . Sorry stuart the plate came with v5 on the main car. I suspect very modern . You are welcome to it if of interest .The number itself is my local  area HF wallasey. They made Mark Gs for several years but all the Tourers are C reg so nice. My car was the last twin engined car off the line
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:46:11 AM by richard »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 10:09:47 AM »
As already said, so long as you are enjoying it thats all that matters. I have to focus on one at a time. If I dont I get bogged down and lose momentum.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 10:47:29 AM »
get a jolt from your electrode bob  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 10:58:16 AM »
Ah, Boris Pickett and Crypt-Kickers coming in there. Hmm, does that mean we can call a certain someone Boris Purton? Probably not as he is not a Bobby as Pickett was. Sounds to mayoral too.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 02:07:40 PM »
get a jolt from your electrode bob  ;)

Ha!!  I would do but I just sold it to a nice man in Bognor Regis.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »
Wasn't it the Crypt kicker five?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 03:20:55 PM »
It might well have been thinking about it. A one hit wonder that has been a hit a few times.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 03:26:35 PM »
it was 5 but they got bogged down and were heading for an early grave . cut down to 3 and then lost momentum