Author Topic: Talbot Freeway - potentially the best car transporter / Camper around.  (Read 2111 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
To think about as I am yet to be where the vehicle is. Currently a Talbot Freeway (three axle) minibus with full double rear door, a rare model. I have used it thus for about two years. It is 21 ft long, so just on the ferry without surcharge. It has carried a Mini Traveller and a Trienkel plus dog and self in round one trip. Its big! These have been often turned into live on buses, racing car transporters or campervans.  Comes with galvanized chassis and heating as standard. On a 2.5 normally gasperated diesel engine but I have a Citroen Safari super whizzo turbo engine ready to go in if desired. Not so much about going faster but about maintaining the average speed while knocking fuel consumption down a little. Asks to be made into a front section with kitchen and other permanent fittings and the rear to be fitted with folding furniture to allow a car to be transported. Includes a captains chair and some other stuff gleaned for the project. Anyone with serious interest should probably have a chat about the thing as I cannot see me using it with the way my activities are heading. Much more likely to drive classic and B and B I think. Fed up of British winters, so prefer to naff off to the sun for a bit. Less cars, more time to use them. Bla bla, hype.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs