Author Topic: Tanks and bubble cars  (Read 2717 times)

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
Tanks and bubble cars
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:47:34 PM »
Dose any one know if there are any bubble cars with tank relations? I am talking about the big armored vehicle not a fuel tank. ??? ???
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Tanks and bubble cars
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
Well I previously listed the tankette but that only seems to have a similar name , likewise messerschmitt were I think not allowed to use the name Tiger as it belonged to Krupps and their hugely successful WWII tank. So basically nothing from me . There were very few tank mfgs so easy to research though
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »
Voisin?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 01:51:17 PM »
Reliant
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 02:00:01 PM »
I suppose you saw that in a vision al  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 04:57:36 PM »
FIAT 3000 a version of a french tank developed in WWI and used partly in WWII . thats if you were to count FIAT as a micro manufacturer. you specified " bubblecar " that is a very tight description what do we count as bubble cars ? schmitt, treinkel and isetta's broadly for me .

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »
Rugged Robin was built by Bernie Reeves, a friend in Polegate, half a mile from me. I think he's still got it.  There is a video of it running in this Daily Mail article, just scroll down to it. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2156474/Reliant-Robin-owner-fed-Jeremy-Clarkson-declares-war-armed-tank-version-wheeler.html
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:24:58 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 11:21:08 PM »
 One very tenus link could be that Alvis made armoured cars, Alvis ended up as part of BMC/British Leyland. BMC/British Leyland made the Mini, and the Mini killed the bubblecar.

Also, I think I'm right in thinking Ransomes had a hand with Hornsby in making "Mother", the first incarnation of what would become the WW1 tank. Ransomes, Sims & Jefferies I think later included Atco in their empire, and Atco of course made the Atco Trainer.

I also seem to think the Hunslet Engine Co. (They of Scootacars) may have had links with a War Department contract? It may have just been to supply locos but its possible a Hunslet engine may have been trialed in a tank of some sort....

Stuff for going on with anyway.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 01:27:51 PM »
Interesting thread, we all know of plenty of aircraft/microcar connections, plus 1 or 2 with shipping. BSA of course had Ladybird, bicycles, motorcycles and guns; I wonder if BSA were involved with tanks in any way, quite possibly. AC and Trojan too perhaps, or at least making parts to be used to attack tanks!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face