Author Topic: Scooter Enthusiasts  (Read 47150 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Scooter Enthusiasts
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 06:54:49 PM »
now thats not right ! changing sheds to living accomadation - wrong way around  :) easy whilst her indoors isn't listening  ;) all good fun - as al says spring is in the air and sleeping projects are stirring  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 09:58:50 PM »
Taking Trolls shedding could be dangerous. They might find some shed Trolls or something under the timber barn. Sounds like an interesting opportunity for someone though.

Living in a converted shed is fine as long as you have room to make better and more useful shedding as a by product. I assume you are using the join the dots scattered shed plan discussed ealier where in time it really does make sense to link them together into a more hermoginous whole.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 10:55:51 PM »
You are reading my mind Al.  Two sheds are going up and each is 30m square internal (max for no planning permission)  The space between the two sheds is at least 40m square.................. watch this space.
Did you know that you can cover 1/2 your garden with sheds as long as each one is less than 30m sq.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 09:46:55 AM »
Just found this  photo of my old scooter from my teenage years. Note dads old Regal in the  background, I remember us spraying it " Harvest Gold", with a vacuum cleaner attachment!

Who can identify the Scooter?

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 09:56:15 AM »
I know, I know....It's 373 PHK    Nice
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:27:46 AM by Isetta_Owner »

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 11:25:29 AM »
Great scooter the Durkopp Diana.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 11:40:42 AM »
Spot on Robadob! Electric start, foot gear change. The only scooter I would want the second time around.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 11:45:55 AM »
Thanks for the sharpened up photo Barry I have lifted it for my album.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 12:05:39 PM »
Anytime Bob - I enjoy tweaking the photos a bit.
The higher res the scan is, the better the final result.
The fashion for using textured photo paper in the 1970's really does cause problems.

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 01:18:31 PM »
Nice Durkopp Bob,
I've had one or two in the past. You can't beat the German scooters for build quality. Most are 12 volt with electric start and bullet proof. The Heinkel Tourist club members clock up an amazing miileage with their 50+ year old machines.              Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 05:47:10 PM »
You are reading my mind Al.  Two sheds are going up and each is 30m square internal (max for no planning permission)  The space between the two sheds is at least 40m square.................. watch this space.
Did you know that you can cover 1/2 your garden with sheds as long as each one is less than 30m sq.

There must be a time delay on the link building. Or is this on the basis of it being open sided so not classed as a building but as a shelter or something. I plan to use this strategy should noises be negative prior to applications on sorting out the bungalow itself. One can do without BR and co being about and it costs money. Ideally I want the complex to form two sides of a square when complete.

Moving work now in motion, core is a bore.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:20:47 PM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
The first two shed will be built first and are clearly 7.6 m apart.  I will take a picture for Building Regs if ever they want to see it...

The sheds will be made in sections / panels so that they can theoretically be relocated - mobile........

The joining section will be built soon after and will be fixed to the outer sheds.  Open front but closed back.  If there is a problem the back panels of the joining section can be removed for a couple of weeks.

If there is trouble with the joining piece generally it can be reconstructed as two separate areas each under 30 m2.  They only need to be about an inch apart to be separate structures.
Easy to fill-in the 1 inch gap in the roof at any time............

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 10:11:04 PM »
The open front makes a difference to status. The key thing is to be sure the clipboards have finished other activities and really there is little for anyone to see unless you have a real nosey type locally. Oh, they are about. Guy took a picture of a farmer and associate doing something to a tree using a front bucket of a tractor as a scaffold. Sent it in anon. Guy was nicked on H&S grounds and done for £10k.

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2013, 06:58:26 AM »
aaaaaahahahahhhhh ... a diana durkopp ..... *;*
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2013, 09:58:35 AM »
A couple of pals and I went on a VMCC autocycle run yesterday up in sunny Hertfordshire, its called the Nasty run on account of the route running through a tiny village called Nasty! But nasty it was not, in fact most enjoyable, anyway, I'm putting this on the scooter thread because one of my pals rode his Vespa 50, he only acquired it a couple of weeks ago from Italy, its been resprayed crudely but goes very fast, my guess is that it has some performance kit on it maybe a 90cc barrel of something, what gave us all a great laugh was whilst he was showing off and scaring all the cycle motor riders the engine cover side panel came flying off, not once but twice and then later the head light bezel fell off! Are vespa's all made like lego or has this one not been put back together correctly? The side panel seems a very poor fit indeed. He gave up with it in the end and wore it under his jacket like a breast plate! Cheesy Are these square headlight bezels hard to replace?

http://www.icenicam.ukfsn.org/eventsg/130428.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:37:29 PM by Bob Purton »