Author Topic: Scooter Enthusiasts  (Read 47078 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Scooter Enthusiasts
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »
Yes, those small frame 50cc Vespas can go a bit if you want them to.

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2013, 11:31:22 PM »
Yes, those small frame 50cc Vespas can go a bit if you want them to.

Mental Barrie   ;D
The scooter, not you.

This is a pic of one of my other smallframes, ET3, doing a steady 60+ up the M5 today.

:(
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 08:30:43 AM »
Does the engine cover come flying off at that speed? My pals one only take 25mph to scatter debis over the road! :D

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 09:40:33 AM »
I have had two girlfriends called Debbie. I do not recall them spontaneously falling in the road but they were neither that bright so you could be into something here. Denise (Denfold) on the other hand was made for Microcars as she was about 4ft 9in and pretty slight. She never fell out or off anything. Go for Dens not Debs? Engine covers are for ponces anyway, hype, swagger.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »
Does the engine cover come flying off at that speed? My pals one only take 25mph to scatter debis over the road! :D

I lost the engine cover last weds  :'(

Somwhere on a 60 mile rideout, and no one saw it go  :-\

They are a poor design the smallframe ones.
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2013, 07:44:29 PM »
Oh dear, its catching! :D :D. My friend Steves one is a small frame model and when I had a good look at it after the run it was a very poor fit indeed. I just assumed it had been crashed and repaired or something but now you mention yours is the same they must have been made like it. That must be the reason I like Diana's!

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2013, 10:16:22 PM »
Oh dear, its catching! :D :D. My friend Steves one is a small frame model and when I had a good look at it after the run it was a very poor fit indeed. I just assumed it had been crashed and repaired or something but now you mention yours is the same they must have been made like it. That must be the reason I like Diana's!

Diana's are very well engineered scooters.
Vespa and Lambretta were a mass produced throw away shopping moped.
But the scooter scene is based mainly around the latter.

Most of my other smallframes have well fitting panels (new bushes and rubbers ) to keep a tight fit.
But the new tuned engine, and cut panel for the rear facing exposed carb was too much for this one  :-\

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2013, 09:28:46 PM »
Sheds are now coming along................Not much to do with scooters but I did mention it earlier in the thread.

skootashaun

• Chatty
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2013, 11:06:38 PM »
WOW  :o

That is lush.

I will keep checking in for updates  ;)

Enough room in there for a bambox or two  :-\

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2013, 06:29:23 AM »
Just a thought - if you put doors on each end there would never be anything at the back that you couldn't get to.
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2013, 10:08:03 PM »
Update.

Scooter sheds nearly finished.  Just a bit of fine detail left to do.

I did consider double doors on the sides but it would have spoiled the design.  It's prertty easy to move things around inside.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:10:37 PM by Barry »

Triporteur

• Quite Chatty
    • Online Bicycle Museum
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2013, 10:05:39 PM »
If this is a thread to show off our German scooters, does this one qualify?

Online Bicycle Museum - http://oldbike.eu

Online Cyclemaster Museum - http://Cyclemaster.co.uk

Sales: http://BuyVintage.co.uk

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2013, 10:25:04 PM »
I would love to have one of these but I think it would be better in the Invalid Carriage section.  ("what are sheds doing in the scooter thread" I hear you say - well they are definitely off-topic)

I like Invalid carriages and I like scooters so it doesn't get much better than your picture.  It should be nicely tucked-up in my shed don't you think?
50cc?  a bit under powered?