Author Topic: Jean's Open Day.  (Read 23959 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Jean's Open Day.
« on: April 15, 2013, 09:46:33 PM »
 Is there anyone from the south going to Jean's Open Day on Sunday 28th July via the A27/A22 Polegate, East Sussex route?  As I haven't a car anymore it would be a long walk for me! About 37 miles.
My new young lady friend would have taken me but she is off to Turkey for a holiday on the Monday.  :'(
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:29:41 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Jean's Open Day.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 10:47:59 AM »
Are you in touch with Trevor Lowis? He moved down to Polegate from Bromely or some such a few years ago. Had loads of Microcars over the years. Lost touch with him but he will either be doing limo/hearse driving or Taxi cab driving if he sticks to form. You would enjoy him despite if he was to go to the RUM car do.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Adrian Hills

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 01:27:10 PM »
I may very well be going there. Yet to confirm. I live just off A22 near Hailsham

Will let you know when I can confirm I am going.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 05:13:49 PM »
Adrian .... Thanks. It would be nice to see Jean and family again, also the Gordon that I nearly brought back to life from a rotting pile.

Al .... I think Trevor lives in Pevensey Road, the same road that I lived in when I had the two Peels in my collection in 1976.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:14:46 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 12:12:16 PM »
we could always send you a peel pick up ;D ;D ;D
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 01:14:14 PM »
Hi bob , I do have the odd spare and may soon sort them out . Perhaps you could help MM make a list of Gordon needs. I will be putting headlamp bowls and  correct rear lights , steering wheel centre , rectifier and maybe some seat covers on ebay sometime . If I get around to it .
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:52:28 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 05:15:49 PM »
 With it being only a week and half until the day, I thought we'd best start talking about it again... Sad to say, for the first time in nine years I won't be present at this year's Open Day due, in the main, to being flat broke, amongst other things.  :(

Anyone else going?   

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 06:19:09 PM »
Dear Stuart

It looks like it should be hot weather for the Open day which should bring out the open top cars.

We know that we have  a Visitor from Holland attending with his Heinkel Tourist Scooter

We should also have Alan Hatswell in attendance, the man who designed and built the Cursor.

As always there are a myriad of owners who turn up in the most unexpected cars, Last year it was Chris Brooks and a friend in two lovely Morgans and yourself with a AC P50. This year with no Olympics to draw people away we are hoping to fill the lawn.

Lets hope you have a change of heart nearer the day.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 06:58:13 PM »
Lesley has now taken three bookings for camping places from Dutch enthusiasts and one from Mike O'Ballance who will be staying for a week's holiday and taking in the Open Day as well, so the camp site is filling up fast.  Don't get caught out.  Email Lesley on cookshf@aol.com    Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:36 AM »
I plan to be there. Hope the nice weather holds.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 09:43:33 AM »
With it being only a week and half until the day, I thought we'd best start talking about it again... Sad to say, for the first time in nine years I won't be present at this year's Open Day due, in the main, to being flat broke, amongst other things.  :(

Anyone else going?   

I thought you were borrowing my trailer to get your new purchase down there. That only needs a car with a hook on it. Which to choose, Kieth, Matt, James...... Might need a whip actually!

Seems to me you need a £150 BX more than I do, little buddy. N/a Oiler Estate in Stroud for £200, you can kip in that. Get a 1.4 and its cheap tax.

Still we will see what today brings home from foreign parts. Yep, he is skint because he is buying stuff! Off out to Clubnight over Evesham tonight, with added viewing of retail opportunities prior, and Dave on Thurs with Borg removal in the evening, so got to get that moving. Might be free on Friday to look at the new machine. Weekend is Wicksteed Park and Citroens featuring free entry if your driving one. A better deal than last weeks Messerschmitt bash up there. Also DP's on Sat evening. Its all go.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »
The count down is ticking, the open day promises to be a good one this year, WHO'S GOING????

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 11:59:53 AM »
So far I know Alan Hatswell (Designer of the Replicar Cursor)  Jan de Lange (Dutch Microcar author) and John Meadows (Frisky Register) will be with us.  Also Lesley has taken bookings for three separate Dutch groups, Mike O'Ballance our Goggo man in RCN and David Mcrea another long standing enthusiast. I have also heard from Nick Devonport, Ray Moyneaux (IC's), Peter Haywood (restoring a Nobel), Clive Baker (interested in Allards), Simon Bailey (designer small electric vehicles), Jim Lugsden, Mike Shepherd, Jackie Lane and Chris of course.  There has also been a lot of local interest generated from visitors to the campsite so I think we should have quite a few visitors.  During the afternoon we are hoping to turn the our dogs out of their secure field for a couple of hours and run some 'driving tests'.  So please come and join us prepared to drive your car around the field least. Jean
Jean

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 12:04:24 PM »
Oh and don't forget Rob Dobie from Polegate would like to come if someone can give himn a lift!   Jean
Jean

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 12:09:39 PM »
If you might make so bold  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977