Author Topic: Jean's Open Day.  (Read 23961 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Jean's Open Day.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 08:43:36 AM »
Maurice ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »
Victor, when you were out , doors opened for me. (TV Advert) Bearded bloke in a dress.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 10:04:17 AM »
Is it me ?  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 01:23:29 PM »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 02:29:48 PM »
No, Al means Maurice Rogers, owns a silver Schmitt and a Green Goggo.

I thought the advert said "When you are a WAG doors just open" Wag meaning wives and girlfriends of footballers.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 02:39:04 PM »
I stand corrected but not in a dress like that!  ;D

swanktank

• Chatty
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 03:36:46 PM »
Yes it was my Goggo.  I was on my way to Lewes and hadn't gone far when the nipple came off the end of the (Uwe) clutch cable (pedal end).  The back tyre then decided to go flat in sympathy (valve)!!! The AA man repaired the cable using an ingenious screw on nipple device which was also the pedal pivot!!!
Why can I manage c. 860 mile in the 'Schmitt in 9 days and can't even get to Lewes in the Goggo?
I cannot come to the Open Day on Sunday because of other commitments but may pop in on Saturday if the forecasted deluge doesn't happen.
M

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »
Vould anyone direct me to a foreign micro forum I may be able to follow it better . Not swedish please ! We don't yet know where the wardrobe has come from and it might be IKEA.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 07:46:45 PM »
In an attempt at getting back to the Open Day, are any of you over-nighting on Saturday apart from our Dutch friends?  Do we need a BBQ?            Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2013, 09:41:36 AM »
By the time this is read the open day will have come and gone for another year. I do hope it was fine, we too had rain lasting 10 hours last night but no storm , and I hope it was fun as usual . I do hope to get there one year- if nothing else to hear the Gordon fire up . Of course you have done that this weekend too !  :) let's have some pictures please

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2013, 09:18:02 PM »
Ah Rodley. So rare, so ugly, so something to do with Scootacar I never worked out what. So nice to know where two sit quietly, safely, in a shed. Could be the only ones left. Used to be rental cars, Yep, sounds nuts, but its true. Handy to rent to a widow round the Ganges, perhaps. Used to rent out Trojans too. Quiet at the back, been there, bought them, sold them long since. Had some other very interesting stuff too. Including two things that do not, officially, exist, so I cannot tell you about them.

To stand in a dress like that, Rob, you need to be corrupted. Which leads me on to how you got on in Narnia. Faun or Turkish delight?

Sorry to here the Goggo continues to disappoint. I really classed mine as at least as good as a Schmitt. Your being extraordinarily unlucky. Its basically a good looking car and I was so tempted to buy it myself, but he wanted far more than I would pay and was not interested in info to put right the info. Pity I have nothing to swap for it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2013, 09:33:48 PM »
This was one of the best open days so far! A good turn out, great weather and Chris's excellent field games, what a giggle! Won by Mark Snowden as he managed to squash the most imaginary hedge hogs by flipping the end of his schmitt out with a wheel spin to get the turning circle and thus squashed the most. I got disqualified for reversing which I am still contesting! As Isetta's dont have reverse I plead not guilty! :D  Many thanks Jean and family for a lovely day. Pics to follow.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2013, 09:54:16 PM »
love the picture of mike , apparently eating a jammie dodger, behind the 100% original 100 mile Nobel  the condition is just what i like .......... the picnic set i mean of course  :)

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:57:23 PM by richard »

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2013, 11:18:21 PM »
Looks like it was a grand day out.  :) Thanks for posting the pictures Bob
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"