Author Topic: new member,Thundersley Invacar  (Read 3369 times)

tvr tasmin

• Just Starting
new member,Thundersley Invacar
« on: April 11, 2013, 04:02:31 AM »
hello new member here just bought a Thundersley Invacar, i think! just looking for info about the car as to which model i have, i have seen it called different names from looking on the internet there seems to be more info and pics on the newer model, ac model i think then this one, i have asked the same question over on piston heads as im a member there too as i own a tvr tasmin, im from ireland and aged 33 so i have never seen anything like this on the road or at any of the many vintage car shows i attend. i will be restoring this car and and taking it to vintage car shows and giving it the odd spin on the road
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:19:31 AM by tvr tasmin »

tvr tasmin

• Just Starting
Re: new member,Thundersley Invacar
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 04:43:11 AM »
i was told the car is 1970. what i do know is it has a villers engine type 11E

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 07:49:13 AM »
Kew Stuart.

Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 01:47:23 PM »
 Ah, methinks I know this car well! If so, this is an Invacar Mk 12A dating sometime between April 1962 & April 1966. It first turned up on Ireland's DoneDeal website in County Meath in April 2011 and then went to Tipperary where it was stripped into several large parts. There was talk of it being scrapped at the time, but evidently that hasn't happened so-far.

Get onto me at invacar(@)yahoo.co.uk and we'll chat further on the car. There are several aspects of its possible history which might well be interesting. As it surfaced in the Republic, there is every chance it is one of five second-hand cars sent out via a link up between Invacar Ltd & the Southend-on-Sea Rotary Club in the late 1960s to assist disabled persons in the Republic, which of course did not have the UK Invalid Vehicle Service. If you can make out its full registration number, or if it still has its chassis plate (to be found on the rear bulkhead facing into the car between the door and the seat above the electrical black box lid) then so much the better...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:51:26 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
Phwoar! Green corrugated iron shed of some size there.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

tvr tasmin

• Just Starting
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 06:51:29 PM »
 Stuart. I sent you an email a few weeks ago, don't know if it got lost in cyber space
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:56:21 AM by tvr tasmin »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2013, 09:38:21 AM »
Or Cyphus space.