Author Topic: New Map Solyto: measurements  (Read 18342 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: New Map Solyto: measurements
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 11:55:05 AM »
thats some project - this rust issue has been discussed on the forum before and i think a light polishing mop with sovol autosol bar should bring up the floor a treat  ;D after all you don't wont it to be like an oven in there  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 09:49:54 AM »
Was it where someone was asking what to do with large rust holes but no one could help as there was nothing in the holes to talk about?  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 10:34:38 AM »
You have hit on the new Government policy with regard to pre-60 MOT free cars, there Rob. Rust Tolls. A new fully equipped bunch of motorized clipboard type idiots are to be set up to leap out at unsuspecting classic car drivers to firstly test their brakes in an emergency stop. They will then look for rust ares and for holes - taxed at a much higher rate as you will be dodging the rust tax by not having the relevant rusty body metal in place. We all know that tax dodging is far more important and fiscally fined than proving your car is in a safe condition and unlikely to kill people. The tax expected a year is to total the national dept of Portugal, an old ally from many a war down the centuries, and each infraction will be a fractile of that amount estimated on a forecast by the Governments best economic advisers. In other words an amount unrelated to any kind of data anyone else can muster and interrogate into figures other than the ambient temperature of coffee with a third of a digestive biscuit fallen into it.
Plastic cars will be tested for osmosis and stress so do not think your getting away with it either. You were in danger of an on the spot smug charge there (based on German individual national dept amount), nearly.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 12:23:12 PM »
hi friends !! sorry for beeing late ! ^^
it's a s...y...o looking at rust attack !! lucky you are because solyto are " sort of home made" that don't need complx embossed tools or else !
the steering is like we had infos .
about the knob, don't stress ... a bakelyte ball from machine will be good ...no special parts on solyto.

more pics for details if you want ... higher resolution by email ...
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 10:12:54 PM »
BEAUTIFULL pictures !! lovely signwriting - i wish it was mine  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 07:51:29 AM »
don't worry ... door can be shipped to the workshop !! ^^

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 08:06:55 AM »
Why is it green works so well on this and certain other cars but is really unpopular on cars like Schmitts. I was watching a you tube clip of Goggos racing around a Kart track (remember that idea for National not reacted on?) posted by Dennis and a number of these were green and it works well. Funny old world 'innit?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 08:04:53 PM »
may be  because all guys, owners of messerchmitt, or Vespa 400 had painted them " bubble colors"  thinking they were much funny than collectible...... and our eyes now can't imagine a messerchmitt in sad color ... however it's original??
and more often, has they are not considered as " vintage cars, or serious cars, " all owner paint them walt disney ' s style ... see tg 500 of BW auction hugly pink... pale green of Bob's inter ( and 80% of resored inters are) ...

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 08:13:08 PM »
Oh I agree . Original heinkel , and even later Trojans , were airforce blue , grey ,khaki , cream . I look forward to the day , and it will come , when they are again vintage colours with character and a certain je ne cais pas  ;)

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 07:39:46 AM »
^^

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 01:20:28 PM »
I for one vote for the fantastically original and hard earned patina.
I even like the tiled floor with horse shoe lower steering column mount.
But as Al has already pointed out, those pencil pushing beaurocrats probably won't let you get away with a MOT pass that way.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 05:05:39 PM »
may be  because all guys, owners of messerchmitt, or Vespa 400 had painted them " bubble colors"  thinking they were much funny than collectible...... and our eyes now can't imagine a messerchmitt in sad color ... however it's original??
and more often, has they are not considered as " vintage cars, or serious cars, " all owner paint them walt disney ' s style ... see tg 500 of BW auction hugly pink... pale green of Bob's inter ( and 80% of resored inters are) ...

So have you decided what colour your Inter will be yet Jean Do?
Mine was green from new but admittedly I think a darker shade. There is no way of telling what the exact shade was as colours change over 60 years and there are no paint code records. There is a funny story in connection with this, I originally chose a darker shade of green but when I went to collect the car from the paint shop when finished, they had painted it the wrong colour! As it turned out I liked it so much I didnt bother to do anything about it. I was in a similar position with the cream Inter, all I had to go by was a patch of paint under the steering column bracket. At least I painted both in the original basic colour and not pink with yellow flowers! ;D ;D

As you can see in this photo its not that far off the original colour.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 05:13:06 PM by Bob Purton »

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2013, 06:49:46 AM »
wowowowowo !!! hey Bob .. cool !! ^^
i didn't have all infos !!.... yes you're close to your original color, but that color is not one of the production .... as your inter is 1015 ; it's from "pre-series" ( you've seen official red striped document "that says that 1036 is the first serie's one  ) , and because  i didn't had the original pic ( have you got more ?!) now you're right ... maybe it was pre series colors ; turned to olive green  then ... as mine is in original color, and 1247 is . they turned your color also may be  to turquoise green, like 1214 and 1308 are ... then cream ( most of them )  and clear blue ( not sure )
about mine, my vision is when it's so rare, it's like " Christine  plymouth fury ( from the film ) that was the only one in red in factory production  line .... so 1128 (mine ) was olive green, it MUST be this color, however i would prefer the nice cream white ...that a sort of history respect ...but that's my vision ... your inter is yours!
but in each meeting i'm for the job, you ear guys saying " i painted my citroen traction avant in fire red , because al the one you see are black ! .....

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
Dear Jean-do.   

" you've seen official red striped document that says that 1036 is the first serie's one

I'm not sure I have seen this document, I may have it but never translated it. Where is the document from?
So how many cars still exist that are before 36?

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 06:48:30 AM »
yep, see i ... i don't have a hi-def version .... sorry ...

so it's writen that "looking at the study of february 16th 1955 , ( by official services ), and the SNCAN demand ( that document describes all of the inter  lengh , weight, sort of horn ... number of seats, etc etc ) they agree that inter 1036    with 175 cc engine is registrerd as a prototype of the Inter 175A serie .and is ok with all the laws about cars ... then  this document given with each inter ( but with all ground motorised vehicules ..)  confirms that your number of chassis , is built like the official description .
so yours , and this grey one ( 1015 for you & 1022 ) are the two actually know as  pre-series ..... next  registred is 1061