Author Topic: New Map Solyto: measurements  (Read 18347 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: New Map Solyto: measurements
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 09:33:15 AM »
Being towed by a green Merc. Merc who kept faith with some colours many decree are unfashionable.

My Heinkel is original Sea Green and looks well in it. It is interesting that brushed ali looks better with pastel shades than chrome. Once you opt for bold primary colours the chrome tends to look better. Obviously colour has its effect here too but I am generalizing. So to look at Goggos. The Saloons tend to look well in pastel more so than the Coupe, with its more flashy bumpers and stylistic features. They both show off two tone paint well but the shown area of the roof once again supports the Coupe in primary colours as it shows more second tone paint. So both look well in bright red with a cream roof but only the saloon really carries off the less often seen brick red colour with white roof. Maybe you disagree, it personal taste in the end.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 09:34:05 AM »
Ah, I do have a copy of that document, I just didnt realise its significance. The silver car 1022 appears to have been modified with extra trim on the front and wing lights although who really knows now what the factory did with the pre production cars for sure! My opinion is that if the factory was going to fit side lights to the wings they would have used the same ones as they used on the side of the body. What do you think?

There are two details about my car that may be of interest. First, its not stamped 1015 on the body shell, its just 15, in fact the previous owner thought it was 05 because it is very faint and hard to see under the old paint, with the paint removed its clear that its 15.  Secondly, although I have put the Inter side logo on the car, originally there was no logo badge unless it was glued on. When the shell was striped of all its paint I searched everywhere for the two small holes where the badge would be and there were none! I also searched for a series of holes just above the aluminium side trim hoping that it may have once had the individual chrome letters like the one at the Paris Saloon of 1953 but no holes there either. Wishfull thinking! I wonder what ever happen to that body? Its a much more pleasing shape.  So number 15  may have been badgeless!

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 08:05:44 AM »
yep bob, we see on proto  in salon de l'auto 53 , INTER chrome letters ...  and small red dot lights on fenders ....
we've seen , in first press display  in bois de boulogne a few inter , first series like yours ....
is yours from that pre series  ?? emblems where they glued ?? can't say now ...
about the 1022 grey one, as we said about color schemes, details are not important for guys ... he decided a modern metalis color ... put trims there ...
all inter on documents a registred as 1000 ... licence, alu plate on chassis .... but bodies are just stamped 15 or 128 ... may be as they registred series till 1036 as documùent says ...
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!