Author Topic: Barnfind Nob  (Read 5186 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Barnfind Nob
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:29:57 PM »
Hey all,

Well, look at the latest car I've discovered! It was thanks to my website http://www.Nobel200.com/ that I found this one!

It's been in a barn for many years, dry stored, and in good condition for the age. It seems to have had an accident, drivers side has some filler/fibreglass repairs under the paint.
Floor has been repaired and braced up on one side, nicely done too. Unfortunately the section of the floor that has been repl;aced is the area the chassis plate used to be...

We may not be able to bring it home straight away, but whenever it's home, I will take many more photos, and hopefully get it running!

Still have to sort out a deal with my father, he paid for it, but I want it  ;D

The best thing would be if I sell my other nobel (the yellow one) and keep this one, that is IF my dad doesnt want to keep it for himself  :D

Well, I'll have a good think about it with my father, I guess once it's home, first thing to do is overhaul mechanics and get it running!

Sorry some of the pictures look a bit cloudy, I din't realise but my camera lens on my phone was dirty!

JP

Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
Re: Barnfind Nob
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 07:33:33 PM »
Wow! Where did you find it? Looks like UK reg.
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 09:46:18 PM »
i am sure its yours and well done , what a great find - but i always fear saying anything until it's home with me  :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:50:25 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 10:09:55 PM »
The nobel was located near Peterborough.

Richard, it's with us, we never say anything until we have it in our hands! It's just that we have to breing back another vehicle back home that has a bit more priority first, so we may have to leave the Nobel with a friend and pick it up another time.

Can't wait until it's home, to get it safe for the road, and get it running! Good thing in France, is that since it's a 3 wheeler, it doesnt need an MOT, so once we get it running, we can go straight on the road  ;D
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 08:45:13 AM »
Bon Nob, as they might say.

Peterborough and the lowlands, a land of micro opportunity so unlike Snowdonia.

Seems one corner of France is busier with 'British' bubbles than the entire Mid Southlands. More fool the Mid Southlands, I would say!

I see that DVLA have, as expected, total mucked up getting free MOT tax discs sorted out. So pot luck if your on the road at the beginning of the season it is. The first thing I am going to plant in my garden when I move in is a Banana tree......
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 09:14:25 AM »
Funny enough I was expecting all kinds of nonsense from them but I strolled into my local post office ready for a fight with my documents for a 1949 Guzzino minus an MOT certificate and was immediately issued a tax disc! Wonders will never cease!  The other side of the coin is that this morning I have to go and MOT Thumper who was made in 1959 because the DVLA will only accept two specific types of proof of a vehicles date of manifacture, factory records [non existant]  or ancient Glasses guides which do not list Isseta chassis numbers and years.  Madness!! You would think that if they trust owners clubs to date vehicles for registering them they would allow clubs to also date them for this purpose as well. Thats too sensible! 

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »
When was thumper first registered Bob?

The Messerschmitt is recorded in the V5c as 1st Oct 2000.  That will be interesting?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:09:38 AM by Isetta_Owner »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »
HI Barry. Its registered  April 1960 but there are cars around with a higher chassis number than mine that were registered in December 1959 so that should surely be proof enough.

Re your Schmitt, somewhere on the V5 it will say declared manufactured 1957, I think its on the green portion right hand side.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 12:45:34 PM »

the DVLA will only accept two specific types of proof of a vehicles date of manifacture, factory records [non existant]  or ancient Glasses guides which do not list Isseta chassis numbers and years.

Mine does of sorts!  I've got the 1950-59 Motorcycle check book which has  "Sep 1953, Isetta 300 standard and Plus saloon's introduced (in UK?) at chassis number 312102 blah blah blah", then "Nov 1958, "selectoshift" models introduced at chassis number 314226". If anyone can turn up said check book for a year or two later, it should list later alterations & numbers.

I can't believe the Isetta Club doesn't have an official record of chassis numbers to years! What happened to the factory/dealer papers they were meant to have been given in the very early 1980s, possibly something to do with the clearing out of Glanfield Lawrence?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
Funny enough I was expecting all kinds of nonsense from them but I strolled into my local post office ready for a fight with my documents for a 1949 Guzzino minus an MOT certificate and was immediately issued a tax disc! Wonders will never cease!  The other side of the coin is that this morning I have to go and MOT Thumper who was made in 1959 because the DVLA will only accept two specific types of proof of a vehicles date of manifacture, factory records [non existant]  or ancient Glasses guides which do not list Isseta chassis numbers and years.  Madness!! You would think that if they trust owners clubs to date vehicles for registering them they would allow clubs to also date them for this purpose as well. Thats too sensible! 

If your DVLA records do not allow your 'free' disc to go through they are recommending you go to the Post Office, Bob. That's great if the Post Office in question is happy to put through MOTless discs for free. Not all are and why would they when there is confusion beyond.

Steady Stuart, your asking big questions here. So many things 'available to the appropriate club' end up not in the appropriate club, or if they are, they are in a box marked ;very secret;, possibly for an unknown reason, under someones bed.
Fortunately Goggos have a parts book which itemizes quite a few dates, if you have the big bible one, so this information is not secret. For Isettas out of the factory, best ask a train spotter who will have the lot, snigger, snogger, goggosmile.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 02:08:24 PM »
Thats very interesting Stuart and gives me fresh hope! Thanks a lot, I will keep an eye out .

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 02:20:03 PM »
HI Barry. Its registered  April 1960 but there are cars around with a higher chassis number than mine that were registered in December 1959 so that should surely be proof enough.

Re your Schmitt, somewhere on the V5 it will say declared manufactured 1957, I think its on the green portion right hand side.

Thats going to be interesting.  The V5c in my name doesnt mention 1957 (a particullarly good year).  It says - 'Declared new at first registration' on the front.  on the green portion (right hand side) it says ' date of first registration 01-10-2000.

Must be one of the last ones made....................................I am sure the Post Office will be OK with this!  Looks like I will need some dating info from somewhere.

Historic vehicle in 2000???

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
Hmmm. Let me know how you get on. I suppose it didnt matter when I owned it as MOT exemption was not on the agenda.