Author Topic: Any Tri-Tech Schmitts around?  (Read 3250 times)

steveeverson

• Just Starting
Any Tri-Tech Schmitts around?
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:16:25 PM »
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone knows of any tri tech schmitts available in the uk.
Particularly interested in any damaged/write offs/shells/chassis/no engine, in bits etc or any parts as I would love to build one up myself. Im aware of steering geometry issues and the service brake requirements and would look to get those sorted before using on the road.

Ive had an interest in schmitts since seeing a KR200 at a motorway services 32 years ago when I was nine and always hankered after one. Finances wont allow an original Schmitt but I really want something that can be used regularly  and I like the idea of a vehicle that I can work on without being too worried about buying original parts where I could make or source things myself from other vehicles.

I currently have an MZ motorbike and sidecar, sinclair C5 and a fiat 126 so am used to tinkering :)

Anyway, enough from me , im sure this isn't the first request you've had so i'll finish up here!
Cheers
Steve

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Any Tri-Tech Schmitts around?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 10:56:20 PM »
A warm welcome Steve.
Good luck with your search - lets hope someone can help.

Barry

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 08:37:16 AM »
Might be one coming up. Guy is desperate for me to MOT it. I have been unable as I am moving. There might be time once sorted between that effort and a contract to fulfil in Esher before I disappear from squating in an empty house for three months. However it will be a full running car and I imagine a pretty good price to match. With Schmitts gone up it has left room for the Tri Techs too as well.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steveeverson

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Barry and thanks for the info Alan- i fear that a sorted tt schmitt will be way beyond my budget!- What I really need is something as a long term project:)
Cheers
Steve

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 01:38:35 PM »
Just used our search facility and found that a sorted tritech schmitt sold for 12,000 gbp in january this year. - so there you are ...
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steveeverson

• Just Starting
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 02:35:08 PM »
Thanks Richard- think thats answered my question- back to the drawing board!
cheers
Steve