Author Topic: Spring Beaulieu 2013  (Read 2615 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Spring Beaulieu 2013
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:15:29 PM »
a lovely weekend but why on earth do weather forecasters always seem to give a downbeat forecast . all the previous week i had an eye on the forecasts , verbal , visual and on line , and the weather last week and over this weekend was meant to be rubbish . i travelled a lot last week on business in the north of england and it was lovely weather - but i kept thinking what a shame for the Beaulieu forecast . the weather was SUPERB , the only rain being mild showers mid day sunday , after this the sun was so hot i was seeking shade .
Point being i have always believed that decisions for visiting such as Beaulieu are often made on forward forecasts and last weeks were so bad if i hadn't been there to help mike i quite possibly wouldn't have gone . a lot of people didn't go for whatever reason - but we did !
as always really enjoyed ourselves , networking ,meeting old friends etc. didn't find MUCH micro  ;) - certainly no berkeley gearboxes  :D - not that we expected to !  Roll on September  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: Spring Beaulieu 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:23:08 PM »
Have you tried The Weather Channel on www.weather.co.uk ?  This is the one I use and is pretty accurate for anywhere in UK or the world  as far as I can see.  You can set it up for your home area or other frequently visited areas.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:30:48 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »
i use MSN and it's normally pretty good , as you say set up for home and areas i am due to visit. my wife uses accuweather app on her iphone and theres one built in anyway but they were all wrong !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 02:32:41 PM »
All of these weather services obviously use the same piece of sea weed

Chris Thomas

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
didn't find MUCH micro

I agree didn't find much though weeded out a few gems,  Frisky door latch, dash lights etc. As always I usually find at least one piece of micro, although some of the usual stands were noticeably absent!