Author Topic: Is it a Rytecraft ?  (Read 4773 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Is it a Rytecraft ?
« on: May 28, 2013, 10:49:41 AM »
I'm intrigued by new member JK4644's moniker.  I do believe this to be or was  the registration number of an Eastbourne, East Sussex registered Rytecraft. Am I right?  ;D

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Coo, look what I have just found! Two photos.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 06:10:35 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Is it a Rytecraft ?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 11:16:57 AM »
Thats a cracker Rob. I wonder where it is now?

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 11:42:31 AM »
I've three or four Rytecraft brochures that could be for sale!

They came from the estate of Jim Parkinson.

bow583082

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 09:47:49 PM »
are the brochures still available??

Barry

• Prolific Poster

JK4644

• Just Starting
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 01:37:16 AM »
Apologies for the delay in replying!
My Eastbourne registered Rytecraft was purchased new by Caffyns Garage as a runaround delivering small parts. The car has been registered in my dads name since the late 1970's when it was rescued from a school that seemingly wanted to cut it up.
All of its log books are at my parents, so I have no idea if it has just the old blue single sheet logbook, or an older buff book as well?
The car is running poorly. It is hoped to be out and about on the ahow circuit in 2021. It fits perfectly in the rear of my dads 1958 Austin J-type van. The van is nearing the end of its 8 year restoration.
The Rytecraft has the smaller villiers midget in. We recently found a box that came with the car in the late 1970's. This contained the headlights (we fitted Austin 20hp sidelights temporarily in 2013) and we also discovered the footbrake pedal. We now need to work out how to set it up on the car? Depress to accelerate and release to brake? The pedal fits on the inside of the handbrake.
The car lives in my workshops near Worthing, West Sussex.
Just for fun, this is my driving the car in 1977 I was almost 2..