Author Topic: Hello - Hope to become a Heinkel Trojan owner!  (Read 2917 times)

Stef

• Occasional
  • Don't burst my Bubble World!
Hello - Hope to become a Heinkel Trojan owner!
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:43:48 AM »
Hello

Great to discover this forum!

I've been in love with bubble cars most of my life and in recent years have been trying to find one to buy. 

My goal is to get a Heinkel Trojan and my searching has stepped up into top gear again!

Thing is, FINDING one!

I'm sure you are aware of the one on Car and Classic i Hertfordshire - what a waste of time that one was.  Will post my experience in a different thread (presume one is available)

So it is good to know of a good crowd here and hopefully assistance can be provided in my quest!

Thanks!

Stef - Northamptonshire

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
Re: Hello - Hope to become a Heinkel Trojan owner!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »
i wish you luck with finding one ;D ;D ;D
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

Stef

• Occasional
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »
Thank you!  Would LOVE a Peel like yours but sadly they are even harder to come by.

Cash waiting for a quick sale here!  ;D

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 07:39:20 PM »
Come down to Kent to our Open Day on Sunday 28th and see lots of different cars.  Not only those in our collection but those driven to the event by other enthusiasts many of whom are on this Forum.  Also check out RUMCAR NEWS on the main website its the place to get lots of information on all manner of microcars.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Stef

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »
Thanks Jean

Could I please ask where the open day is and do you mean 28th June?  :)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 10:44:03 AM »
Sorry Stef, I did not make that very clear did I.It's Sunday 28th July actually and if yo want to make a weekend of it, we also have an official camp site on the farm and there is a reasonable  Pub within walking distance that does good meals too.  If you don't fancy camping (several of our regulars do stay over) there are two B&B's in Hawkenbury.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Stef

• Occasional
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 12:21:17 PM »
Sounds excellent!

Although, it clashes with Silverstone Classics that I am booked into for the weekend  :-\

Shame.

Thanks for the heads up though  :)

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 06:32:30 PM »
Hi
    If you are not doing anything Sunday that's the 9th June we will be at the Bromley Pagent Of Motoring showing two ( maybe three ) Trojans all have had work done to them including new floors - you just cannot get an original car with it's own floor - The Sweedish car you looked at sound's a bargain - you may have got one for £5K three years ago but a friend has just sold one for £12k needing a new floor and there is one for sale in Switzerland ( at auction ) for £20K plus.
   Come along and have a chat on sunday and look at our cars and Bob's Isetta - it will be nice to see you.
                                                                                                                                                      Mike

Stef

• Occasional
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »
So, as a genuine second opinion on the car I viewed, would it be worth considering at £10k?  As a non-runner?  Is there someone local to the area that could help with a viewing and second opinion?

Will have to get out and meet some of you, and more importantly see your fab cars, soon.  This weekend I'm in London and rest of June is looking busy for me.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 09:50:51 PM »
Hi
    I did not say that the Sweedish car was the right price - I would put it's value at £8 - £10k so you would be at the top of the market value - I've been interested in Heinkel/Trojan all my life haveing ridden in one as a schoolboy in 1958 to owning my first Heinkel car in 1975 ( cost just £35 ) and having two others given me to break ( they were rough ) .
  I've driven mine to Germany, France, Denmark and Sweeden - and on the autobarns -  I have covered over 100,000 miles in that time - and I have rebuilt 30 - 40 engines for myself and various freinds, I drive a Sweedish grey one almost daily and will take my "Numbers" car to Bromley - driven of course - if you can spare the time it would be lovely to see you this weekend.
                                                                                                              Mike
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:11:30 PM by g-o-g-g-o »

Stef

• Occasional
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 01:42:48 PM »
Thanks.

Really could not make this weekend sadly.  Do hope to meet up at some point soon.

I'll be like a kid in a sweet shop full of excitement seeing all your fab little oddities and probably make a right scene of myself!

Have joined the Heinkel Trojan club too so will collate a diary of events going on and see which ones I'll be able to make it to :)

Also got a tentative possible lead on a car that will follow up on this week, so trying not to get too geared up but ready to pounce if all seems right!

Advice will no doubt be asked for :)  Watch this space!