Author Topic: 1965 in Gloucester  (Read 15993 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: 1965 in Gloucester
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »
seing as it's already flagged up . it seems to me to be one of the most original Trojans i have seen - door pocket, wiper surround plastic,interior vinyl ( could well be the original) correct quilted plastic petrol tank cover , rear lights, number plate light, headlights, rear bumper clip, correct inline fuse - no fuse box on dash . absolutely correct persex 1/4 lights , as stated earlier isetta indicators but easily replaced . the ally side trim is slightly bizarre but easily rectified .
floor unknown quantity but they usually need replacing this one you might get away with , as al says possibly bottom edge of door damage - but isn't there always
a very nice project to my mind  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:25:39 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2013, 09:12:05 PM »
Possibly this car was stolen and insurance paid out.  Now there might be a dispute over ownership.
Stay well clear.....................
Don't even bother to phone.
Take it off of your watch list.
 (while I pop along to see the owner with my big fat wallet!)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 10:05:13 PM by Barry »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2013, 09:35:41 PM »
no one has yet pointed out the entirely appropriate sticker on the drivers side 1/4 light - it's the WWF ! the world wildlife fund for ENDANGERED SPECIES  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 10:30:53 PM »
its gone up £800 today - we will probably find our new member is the vendor  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 07:15:33 AM »
no one has yet pointed out the entirely appropriate sticker on the drivers side 1/4 light - it's the WWF ! the world wildlife fund for ENDANGERED SPECIES  :D

I always get confused between that and the over muscled American World Wrissoling Federation, featuring Hulk Hogun and co. If Ted Nugent has anything to do with it the WWF has eaten the WWF which is why its rare.
Actually I was trying to work out what that sticker was.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 12:55:57 PM »
Well I think it is - sure that's a panda - yes I know it's not a panda it's a TROJAN

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »
that car is fifteen minutes from home - and I have owned a few HTs.

Sort out details and I can go view Sunday.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 10:05:04 PM »
Nothing like looking at someone else's HT leads.

Oh, the humour of it! Of course I did not poison the car on Wed night. Just did clubnight, came away with some nice booty too.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 08:42:04 AM »
No post script to this thread coming in. I understand the car reached over £6,000. Told you it was a good one. No idea if it was £6,000 worth of good one. My feeling is it will have been one of the better prospects sold over the year. At clubnight there was a chap on his way home having bought a decapitated car to restore. Much cheaper but you need the skills. Apparently two good cars are to come to the market and there was discussions on value. These are the club guys and they havn't a clue where prices are anymore than anyone else has. I think you really have to look at Isetta prices, a more common car but with the advantage of the badge on the front. These two marques have consistently tracked each others values to a greater or lesser extent. It suggests the days of cheap treinkels are gone unless you find fresh blood.

As a comparison I am looking at a 40k mile Citroen BX Auto, very early Mk2 so over 25 years old for clear classic insurance cover. On the road £150. The BX is where the Schmitt was when I got in. Buy a few, scrap some and use the new spares which are reasonably cheap. Cannot do that with Microcars anymore.

Anyway interested parties in Treinkels up coming could do worse than contact Peter Jones or Nick Haddon or go along to the HTC Ltd weekend at the Bubblecar Museum, tempted to go myself as it is also the MEC weekend but that sort of quietened down after I resigned back to just club member in the spring. Long story but their loss. Gained a nice lot of time.

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 12:38:53 PM »

As a comparison I am looking at a 40k mile Citroen BX Auto, very early Mk2 so over 25 years old for clear classic insurance cover. On the road £150. The BX is where the Schmitt was when I got in. Buy a few, scrap some and use the new spares which are reasonably cheap. Cannot do that with Microcars anymore.

Alan

I sold this last year - 47k from new, 10 month's MoT, tax for a month or so at it went out at £375, 1.6TGS Auto, just had full new exhaust system and a few other bits and pieces - (MoT bill was £270 or so))

IMG_0798 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

BXs in petrol variant are stupidly cheap.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 08:35:06 AM »
A BX Gti 8 valver was for sale beyond you in a scrap yard near Ledbury. To complicated a mode of purchase when I looked into it, Some scrap auction thing. I bet it did not sell and a drive by with a wedge would probably get it. But then is it all its meant to be? Auctions, dodgy.

Yes the lesser Petrols are cheap. They are neither fast nor thrifty. The diesels are just better all round really. But this car looked cheap fun. Anyway my route to it is rather convoluted via the chatroom and it now sounds like others are interested direct. I will give it one shot but I am not going to be mucked about, as its 200 miles away. I have a BX Estate at 120k and a saloon at 70k, both TZD Turbos, which are the best of the breed as far as I am concerned, unless you want speed. Both picked up well over the last few years while I was running the Pug 405 I inherited. These, along with others then passed on so as the two left are the best, owe about £650 the pair. The Estate looks to be costing an extra £150 to put on the road and the other £50 and a lot of labour to change a kerbed front crossmember. Call it a grand, cheap as chips. They offer the prospect of 15 years cheap mileage between them. I think there are two years left to collect a few cheapies and then the supply of BX will be ended. They are creeping up in price now. If I play my cards right they will rise in price as I drive them so minimal depreciation and I avoid all the modern rubbish on a cheaper drivers classic car policy. I just need access to a token modern to comply with insurance rules.

Clearly we share the same taste in cars. I find Mike Webster and other do too. Keep duplicating purchases etc. All rather fun really.

Nothing to do with Trienkels. It seems that topic is dead.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2013, 09:07:47 AM »
Well did we ever find the price ? Over 6000 is a bit vague is that under 7000 then ? Talking Trojans here and not Citroens - sorry  :)

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 09:37:50 AM »
Well did we ever find the price ? Over 6000 is a bit vague is that under 7000 then ? Talking Trojans here and not Citroens - sorry  :)

The final bid was £6,100.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »
Enough mullah to buy the majority of the petrol sub 1.9 BX left in the country. Its so off topic as to be a breakaway bar.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:10:28 PM by Big Al »

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 05:23:10 PM »
The bx was replaced with a tct Xm turbo estate which was then replaced with an Xm 2.1td estate to complement the Xm 2.1td hatchback.

I still love the bx but the Xm is even better.