Author Topic: 1965 in Gloucester  (Read 15996 times)

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
Re: 1965 in Gloucester
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2013, 05:58:10 PM »
Is this not now of topic?
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2013, 06:36:39 PM »
The bx was replaced with a tct Xm turbo estate which was then replaced with an Xm 2.1td estate to complement the Xm 2.1td hatchback.

I still love the bx but the Xm is even better.

The XM looks a great car, However I am turned off by the fact it is heavy, is not as economical to run and has a brain. I looked at buying and they are more expensive to get the right model too. The BX joy is that it is a pretty simple car with the Hydropneamatic suspension attached. Once you get over that it is not a difficult car to maintain at home. It is designed to be worked on from a ramp. I hope to resolve that issue in the new garage facility. If your not a home  maintenance bod then the equation is deferent. Citroen are now removing all the BX part numbers and I suspect will shortly be denying all knowledge. That will be a problem. However it really reflects the company policy and I doubt they will be anymore helpful with there other old products.
We're back to where I was with other cars I got into. Time to go and buy up the spares. Buy the time an organization appears that is motivated its generally to late, or the pipe smokers will have talked the thing to death. Goggos, What I was attempted to do for the ICR. What the NSU club refused my help in doing so I ended up with tons of spares they, allegedly, did not want, and so on. The beginning of something is always the best bit and I can have some fun trading in pennies rather than the pounds of bubblecar stuff today.

The other thing is if I was to get a more complex and expensive Citroen I think I would rather have a DS.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »
al i think personally that citroens are FAR MORE OFF TOPIC than I.C.'s - lets wait for bob on this - can't you pm your only correspondee ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2013, 08:03:23 PM »
Thats what I said, but you all stopped taking about the Trojan topic, not me.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 08:16:28 PM »
but thats when we open a new topic al  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »
But the question was raised on this topic. Anyway it has transfered to the BX Forum where it belongs. What mayhem can I cause next?