Author Topic: All Cars Charley/Snuggy  (Read 34930 times)

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
All Cars Charley/Snuggy
« on: June 14, 2013, 02:28:38 PM »
I am in need of a wiring diagram for my 1974 "Sluggy".  
A picture of the under dash wiring would be helpfull also as mine came as a bundle of snakes.
I am also in  need of the rubber drive doughnut that looks like a mini Lotus Elan version of a U joint, taillight lenses, and inside door pulls.
Not to mention an explanation as to why it has two parking brake actuating handles side by side, or what the diagonally sliding pedal just to the left of the shifter is supposed to control.  A cable emanates from this and was found to be hose clamped to the frame and attached to nothing at its end fitting.
 Heightening the curiousness of the set up is the fact that this pedal, in addition to being mounted on a rail in the floor that will only allow a diagonally sliding motion-  is adorned with a rubber pedal face as one would expect to find on a conventional foot actuated mechanism, but you would need to be a double jointed mini me to get your foot on it as it is mounted alongside the shifter!

There is a well engineered looking rear differential integral to the 47 cc Moto Morini motor located about this cable's length distance away from it.  Topping off the mysteries is the fact that the side of the differential opposite the engine looks like an accessory/ alternate drive out put that  remains absolutely unutilized.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:07:02 PM by steven mandell »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: All Cars Charley/Snuggy
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 07:37:27 AM »
Sorry about the lack of response steve , I suggest you make the topic more relevant or interesting . I have no idea at all what a charley/ snuggy would be so as I have no knowledge no response . I have posted to no response - it sometimes happens - deal with it  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 09:54:54 AM »
Please bare in mind that interest in this sort of vehicle is new to many on the forum , many of us are only interested in cars from what we call the golden age, 1950's and are deemed to be usable on our roads. You seem to have the same mistaken concept about gathering information as you do about acquiring spare parts for very obscure cars, just wheel a shopping trolley around the uk and gather it all up. If only it was that easy! :D As Al said there may only be one example of that brand in the whole country, can I suggest you try its country of origin? Thats what I had to do when I first got into Inters, it was hard but I got there and that was before the Internet.  As an after though, have you tried Dennis, Microcarfan? Does anyone have his contact details?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 10:09:12 AM »
Just noted he is on this forum, user name Dennis, send him a pm. Thats if you dont already know him.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »
Mr Davenport? But then probably really only if he has had or thought of having one. Are these cars anything to do with Sulki?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 02:13:06 PM »
I have had no luck in sending a p.m. to "Dennis" / "Microcarfan", / "Davenport", as the sending software does not recognize any one of these names or combos of same that I have entered.
I must admit, that unless I can see a member's identifying signature to the left of a post, I usually run into this type of problem.
What am I doing wrong?
How is one supposed to efficiently look up a mailing address for a member when one only knows their actual name.
I already posted Jean Doo (sp?) regarding my quests for wiring diagram/  pictures that an owner could easily take.
The cars were made in Italy, but most often sold in France, if I have interpreted clues correctly.
Then again there is still the mystery of the incredible sliding pedal that I noticed was no longer being installed at the time of manufacture of a 1976 "time capsule car" that was for sale on the east coast of the U.S.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 03:06:43 PM »
Note from headmaster I can't find a Dennis on the list only a denis - which may be his real name - or was he having a "blond(ie) moment when signing on . You do not escape steven as you suspect -there is  no Jean Doo only a jean-do. Mis-spellings make it impossible to research or indeed search. Once having an I.d. I have never had a problem sending a pm just by clicking send personal message . Getting a reply not always guaranteed - stuart  ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 04:51:16 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »
Having a correct i.d. is the hard part, as my, your, Al's, and Bob's unsuccessful gropings for Dennis' s i.d. / email address would suggest.
The fact that the search feature for finding an i.d. won't help if you leave out a "-", or double even the last letter of an otherwise correctly spelled i.d., doesn't help matters much. 

Anybody out there have an ability to give this feature a brain boost?  I for one would appreciate it if it became so enabled.

I did escape this time, however, because our fearless moderator personally mailed me Dennis's correct email address,  and I found a post by jean-do, and clicked on his i.d. before sending him my p.m.
 And I don't even like acronyms!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 06:09:08 PM »
ofgs imho you mean pseudonym  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 06:40:54 PM »
All you have to do is look down the list of members until you find the one you want. Its not brain surgery. That is assuming that its not just the moderators that have access to the members list? Is it?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 06:58:35 PM »
ofgs imho you mean pseudonym  ;D

I like acroprops and snow on me, does that help?

Is this a dyslexia moment? Is it a word or pixel/picture. If its a word, normally remembered. If its a instant visual image, normally remembered. If its just a jumble of letters, especially with numbers, I cannot remember it till I have used it a few times. Names are important, and I to am not a huge fan of Pseudoacroprops, though it is true some become nick names, like Nick Poll, for instance.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2013, 07:33:16 PM »
no bob we do all have that facility

don't know where al got mr. davenport but it would appear that he is French , in France and interested in things French so indeed he may have spelt his name correctly as DENIS - these French eh ? not as soft as they are Camembert looking  ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:22:16 PM by richard »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
His name is Denis with one 'n'
You can message him through his website.

www.microcarfan.com

At the moment it seems to be down - probably off collecting Citroen BMX's before their price goes through the roof.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2013, 10:34:46 PM »
if you email denis as a pm he gets his pm when he views the forum and he also gets an email - sorted , simple

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 08:27:07 AM »
no bob we do all have that facility

don't know where al got mr. davenport but it would appear that he is French , in France and interested in things French so indeed he may have spelt his name correctly as DENIS - these French eh ? not as soft as they are Camembert looking  ;)

He is our friendly neighbourhood Customs man with small cars and mopeds. Perhaps he is not on here anymore, I don't know what his Monica is on here. Which rather proves the point about unreal names don't it?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:33:03 AM by Big Al »