Author Topic: Tribunal  (Read 2458 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Tribunal
« on: June 16, 2013, 09:03:24 AM »
VERY off-Topic, but I know several people here know that my girlfriend Squeak was waiting nearly 16 months for her appeal against her Disability assessment (WCA) which   gave her 0 points, "Fully Fit For Work". The Tribunal date was just two days before she would have lost her right of appeal, and things have been very bleak for us.

Anyway the Tribunal date was Wed 12/6 and we were convinced she had lost, but the decision letter came on Friday.

Appeal upheld

24 points awarded (15 is "Fully Disabled")

DWP/Atos not allowed to re-assess her for 12 months

DWP/Atos assessment wrong and their score of 0 Points wrong and illegal.

Huge relief and many thanks to all who have expressed concern and support!

Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Tribunal
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 09:18:32 AM »
Thats great news Marcus! It was this time last week at Bromley that you were very sure it was going to go the other way. I get the distinct feeling its people manipulating the numbers here to get an initial "result " and then dealing with the reality later. Never mind the cost in human anxiety in between! ???

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 09:30:16 AM »
Cheers Bob! It is indeed a truly wicked programme, and one which costs more to enforce than it saves, and has led wholly or partially to over 11,000 deaths and suicides.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 12:57:15 PM »
Very pleased for you and your girlfriend Marcus. My partner went through exactly the same torture last year. Why some person you see once for a few hours in an unfamiliar location, who doesn't physically examine you, but asks the most personal and traumatic questions you can possibly imagine, can then make a pronouncement entirely the opposite to the raft of corrispondence from the Doctors, psychiatrists and mental health personnel someone has been working with for years is entirely beyond my comprehension.  It is absolutely sickening. >:(
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 04:12:42 PM »
Cheers Squire!

I couldn't agree more with your comments; this is not the right forum for anything "political", but this evil assessment programme is a monumental disgrace, and costs more than it saves.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 11:42:45 AM »

SHOCKING NEWS

Squeak has found out from a secret forum that the government does not accept any successful appeal decision made by the Courts.

They refute the "Upheld" decision
They refute the "Points Scored"
They refuse to re-instate disability allowance

And worst of all, the Court's decision "No re-assessment for 12 months" (clearly intended to mean "12 months from the date of appeal", the government now say it is "12 months from the date of the first assessment". Therefore Squeak who waited 16 months for her appeal, with rising debt, stress and deep depression is NOT going to have a year without any more of this, according to DWP/Atos she is effectively SIX MONTHS OVERDUE FOR HER NEXT ASSESSMENT.

There are already hundreds or perhaps even thousands on this never-ending circle of hell, she is just another new recruit.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 08:54:13 PM »
I really hope things work out for her Marcus and remember you cant believe everything you read on the internet, just look at the rubbish WE turn out! :D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:28:01 PM by Bob Purton »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 08:02:25 AM »
Cheers Bob, sadly hundreds are already on the viscious  circle, and yesterday on BBC website that rabid hyena Esther McVile announced new pressures on courts not to uphold appeals, and if they still do they will be in trouble and have to provide a detailed report as to why they did not agree with the government.