Author Topic: Oh dear!  (Read 4803 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Oh dear!
« on: June 13, 2013, 11:18:45 AM »
 The aftermath of when a Fram King takes on a Volvo. Bang goes another bubble....   :-[
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:20:28 AM by Stuart Cyphus »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: Oh dear!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:33:34 AM »
Managed to get a shot of the damage to the Volvo.

Hope Tommy is OK and that the Fram King Fulda S7  is repaired / repairable.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:19:58 PM by Barry »

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 12:03:29 AM »
OMG, bad crash. I hope the driver is okay and he's getting well soon. Plenty of work on the Fulda. Maybe it will never be back to its former glory. Very sad !!!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 06:11:52 AM »
If this was in u.k. Today I am afraid the worst concern might be for the volvo drivers whiplash injury  >:(
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 01:22:03 PM »
Can anyone find out the fate of the driver?
The para medics in the background give one cause for alarm.

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 03:04:33 PM »
There's a statement from the driver on the Swiss microcar site:

"Im still alive after this accident this saturday afternoon. A Volvo V70 missed a stop sign and rammed me in 50 km/h ( no signs of brake tracks) But of course my car is not a Nobel 200 or a Fuldamobil. Its The Swedish Fram-KingFulda S7 the top of Fuldamobil evolution. And what is Swedish car known for ? Safety :-)
I think the next battle to survive is against the insurance company. What do you think that the value of this kind of car is ?"

http://www.rollermobilclub.ch/worst-case-unfall-im-kabinenroller/
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 04:15:31 PM »
I would want it rebuilt see what the insurance company make of that!
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 06:04:09 PM »
Thank goodness the driver is OK.
The Fram King Fulda S 7's do have a well engineered deep egg crate style (stronger than plywood) fiberglass floor that also necessitates a more forward and upright driver's position that gives a better panoramic view as well as making ingress and egress considerably easier through the rear hinged doors.
It also has double latches on each door.
Other than that, I am unaware of any other differences that would enhance safety in a side impact collision.
Did I miss something, or was the driver's comments in jest?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 06:18:59 PM »
following discussion recently on the forum it's nice to see both the Fram and the Heinkel behind finished in period old fashioned colours , and interestingly obviously neither cars have to display a front number plate - and look the better for it don't they
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:05:24 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 10:22:40 PM »
Did I miss something, or was the driver's comments in jest?

Well certainly ironic. It has to be said if the car was weaker it could have been rather nasty. Though lightness is part of the safety if the little car has space to be thrust out of the way. In quite a few accidents with micro v big vehicles it has been the removal of the micro from the path of the bigger machine that has saved the occupants from serious hurt. Its not something to put to the test though.

Would a brighter colour have helped? We will never know. If you cannot see a stop sign your not really looking for a small vehicle/bike either, are you?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs