Author Topic: Sachs 175 cylinder required  (Read 2891 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Sachs 175 cylinder required
« on: June 17, 2013, 11:43:35 PM »
Packing up the workshop I have put a few engines loosely back together so the bits do not get lost. As it is I have miss placed a gearbox.

Anyway on popping the Sachs 175 unit back together and finding the bits missing or damaged to be replaced out of reserves, and so on, I found that the cylinder is cracked. Bit of a disappointment as I had soaked it and then gone down a mates and put it under his press to get the piston out. THe piston itself failed, the top has sheared into the middle as they do. It was expected. Clearly this pressing has been to much and the steel has sheared into a crack round the base as well though. Never seen the like on these before but its an own goal. So if anyone has a cylinder or scrag end of an engine including one I could be interested.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
Re: Sachs 175 cylinder required
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:12:03 AM »
Hello Alan,
             I have a spare good 175 cylinder. I'll have a look at it today. Maybe we can sort out something againt the Goggo 250 top end ? Don't forget I need barrels, heads, pistons and 8 head bolts. I also need one Heinkel push rod. I'm over in UK for the first week in July.                    regards, Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Sachs 175 cylinder required
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
Hmm. No idea what I have in head bolts. There has to be some somewhere. You remember that guy who wore his out doing decokes? Heinkel pushrod might be more tricky as I know I am not flush with those.
Still here as the deal has not gone through on plots - unbelievable tale attached to that. However anytime soon and then I am under pressure to move out having been paid off. I have now got a mobile to replace the landline for this reason. 44 (0)7535 407 830. Could be of no fixed abogey for two months.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs