Author Topic: RUMCAR NEWS No.117  (Read 12707 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
RUMCAR NEWS No.117
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:28:47 PM »
The Summer Issue will be in the post on Friday and it will come complete with the latest CBS catalogue. I do apologise for the delay but we had some problems with the size of the plastic envelopes.  Enjoy your read.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: RUMCAR NEWS No.117
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:43:10 PM »
Thanks Jean and all involved, looking forward to it.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »
Dear Rumcar News readers

Royal Mail second class postage  has not improved over the last year, as indicated by the fact that I have just received my copy this morning Wednesday 26 June.

As Jean explained we had a few post production delays, so apologies for it being a week late arriving in the post.

For those of you who are still undecided about subscribing, this edition contains the following artices: -

Register reports from Rumcar, AC Petite, Frisky, Goggo, Peel and Nobel.
The cars of Rob Dobie part 1, Heinkel Cabin Cruiser part 2, The history of Gabriel Voisin part 1, The Bamby story part 3, The Morgan car factory visit, The Cursor rebuild part 1, plus all the regular features news and letters.

In other words, there is something for everybody interested in microcars.

Chris Thomas, Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 12:19:51 PM »
Shucks ! Nothing on big citroens or big DAF's shame you could have sold a few subs through the forum . And no word on bringing back " Toilet Blue " awful shame  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 01:23:44 PM »
There is a big Daf in the Hammond collection! Shall I reprimand her on Sunday?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »
^ You DAFt beggars! Actually I once had a Volvo 343 (?) with the Daf Variomatic transmission but it was a dreadful car!

Got my RCN in the post today too, look forward to a good browse when I get a mo.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 04:12:28 PM »
Received mine today but the magazine was stuck to the grey posting bags sealing glue and also had split down one side due to the extra spares book jammed in with RUM News.  >:(
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »
Bob I am sure you don't need reminding that " the hammond collection " is an entirely a privately owned collection of vehicles and not as far as I know connected to RUM as such. Jean can have anything she likes in there.  Personally I would class most of the old interesting I.c.'S as more micro than some that you prefer  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 05:30:12 PM »
Honestly Richard, there was a time when you had a sense of humor! ::)

There is a nice little AC Acedes in the collection too you know! The only IC that I actually quite like. A sort of scaled down Petite.  Dont quote me on that though! ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 05:42:07 PM »
p.s.  "The collection is not connected to Rum cars?"  Then why am I going down there to help with the maintenance of it on Sunday then?  Does this mean I can get a team up to help me with my cars too? Now there's a thought! :D Mind you there are some I wouldnt let anywhere near my cars with a wheel brace! ;)

Well actually I believe the two are connected because the collection serves as a reference point for people like me when restoring cars that Jean just so happens to have an example of in the Bubble shed. The collection has helped me many times in the past with my Bamby, Nobel , Mk1 Scootacar and my keen interest in all things Tourette.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 06:19:10 PM »
didn't mean to be " off " at all  :) just meant that it's a privately owned collection and may contain whatever the owner wants it to contain . i can only think that you are going to have a fun day , networking and working on someone elses cars - can't blame you for that . unfortunately time so precious to me i cant get there - but would like to some day - if for no other reason than to twist your nuts  ;D

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 06:21:36 PM »
Honestly Richard, there was a time when you had a sense of humor! ::)

There is a nice little AC Acedes in the collection too you know! The only IC that I actually quite like. A sort of scaled down Petite.  Dont quote me on that though! ;)

Your secret is safe Bob.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »
back to the issue 117 thanks all i got mine when i returned today although it was a bit stuck to the envelope and not in mint condition , i removed it carefully so as not to rip it - fairly successfully - do be careful all !
looks a good read anyhow

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »
didn't mean to be " off " at all  :) just meant that it's a privately owned collection and may contain whatever the owner wants it to contain . i can only think that you are going to have a fun day , networking and working on someone elses cars - can't blame you for that . unfortunately time so precious to me i cant get there - but would like to some day - if for no other reason than to twist your nuts  ;D

Talking of which...................
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=111465715723737

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 06:51:16 PM »
as old as the hills  ;) i think the two ronnies did a very similar sketch with the two yokels , didn't they . but barry how on earth did that sneak in on jeans topic ?