Author Topic: Microcar photos and information.  (Read 1795 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Microcar photos and information.
« on: July 04, 2013, 08:15:38 AM »
What do people think of the Retrorambling site?

There is a lot of car 'stuff' there with links to other microcar info and pictures.  It's a bit hard to find amongst so much other Retro info (which is also interesting).

http://retrorambling.wordpress.com/category/automobiles/

Is this information reliable?

Link from Retroramblings for instance.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrscharroo/with/6510785621/

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Microcar photos and information.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »
This is more like the site that could be created as an extension of RUM. As always its time that really dictates if these things can happen, plus a bit of dosh and knowledge. Add more dosh and the time can free up. Trouble is folk do not want to pay for the info. We have walked around this topic.

So yes, very well presented site. Need the time to look at it properly. Puts the pressure on the old style clubs though. They need a good mag and/or a spares scheme to compete with what the internet now offers. Fine if you have talent on call but should that be removed life gets difficult. Cannot help feeling that most successful clubs will have major web presence soon and shrinking paper based activity. I am naturally against it but it is clearly the way to go.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 09:24:09 AM »
Yes, coincidentaly, That's what Chris was saying at the weekend, a lot of people have commented positively about the idea of the online version of RCN  followed closely by, " but I will stick with the paper version" I guess it brings out the collector in us.

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 01:00:44 PM »
I am as yet unclear as to the organization of topics/ discussions on the Retro Rambling site.
However the information appears to be accurate and fairly in depth, and the scope and quality of their pictures quite fantastic!
Should make for some interesting and useful links for our club without the requirement of duplicating all the hard work that they have put in to creating such a fantastic compilation.
Should prove useful in the vein that the Bruce Wiener index of photos and information has been for both Rumcars and Retro Ramblings, should somebody with a bit more computer savy than myself figure out how to make such linkages convenient to our members wanting to refer to it in a Forum discussion.