Author Topic: Private messages  (Read 1749 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Private messages
« on: June 23, 2013, 03:21:00 AM »
I seem to have lost the ability to access to my private messages. Is this my end or a product of a change in the forum program?

I get a notification pf a PM. I click on it and am banned from entry. I cannot find an entry on the forum page and the notification is a once only event. (My PC deliberately excludes many Cookies etc to prevent naughtinesses).

I also note the old ability to select the updated topics I was adding to has gone. I have a general in date latest addition to any thread listing I am using instead, but it is a little more long winded than the prior shortcut.

This coincided with the new PC which is on Linux Mint/Firefox and maybe there is a compatibility problem my end.

To two private messages, cannot access your message. Try alanbubblecars@hotmail.com.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Private messages
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 03:59:48 AM »
At the top left of the forum page is a little toggle switch.
Located just under RUMCARS FORUM title
And just to the left of the HOME HELP SEARCH etc buttons.
Click it and see if that helps

Also- cookies are necessary for making any customized preferences "stick"
If you deny all cookies, it will most likely be the cause of your troubles.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:02:14 AM by Jim Janecek »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Private messages
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 09:09:25 AM »
Yes it was my end. A patch and a re-jig of my settings, or whatever its called, and the problem is resolved. All done and resolved while Stuart in bed? I think so...

Thanks Jim.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:20:20 AM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs