Author Topic: More IC loose ends  (Read 3569 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
More IC loose ends
« on: June 26, 2013, 10:56:24 PM »
Going back a few years there was some skepticism about ICs and values along with the trip to Llandudno. Not without reason. Well the last of those cars has been worked up and has now moved on to its new owner after a couple of stuttered incomplete deals. This one cleared more than the previous price I set of £1,500, so those with an example are sat on an appreciating asset, rather than junk. This is in line with my speculated prediction, possibly as few more new ones have appeared in the last 18 months. I have kept the best one for myself, as you do. Another case solved!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: More IC loose ends
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 03:44:13 AM »
I remember that trip well Alan.  Did some exciting exploring and well worth it, but all in a day.  It was very eventful so I hope we find some more; I'm sure that there are more out there like that.  Not just IC's (Model 70's), but a Bamby and a Piaggio and don't forget the Acedes. 
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 08:03:20 AM »
I thought we were not allowed to mention the Piaggio. Also the Tippen. So was it 9 or 10 cars and an engine? Yep, still my last major clear-out, albeit shared. I love 'em. And I have two of the cars and engine tucked away here and you three, I think. So Stuart was the dealer, yah, boo, hiss. as he has naught.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 10:46:11 AM »
  :)  It was ten all told. Five Model 70's, one Tippen Delta, one AC Acedes, one Bamby, one Piaggio and one sodding great engine! Then of course later on, the Owen Owen Special came to our Ian as a direct consequence of the Acedes and a trip out in the rather nice Morgan of John's. Oh yes, I was indeed the bad boy, dealing all those blue things away wasn't I  ;) But without the chain reactions triggered by the Llandudno Hoard, I wouldn't have got the "Peel". Here isn't where I expected to be when we first rolled up to the gates that frosty morning in December 2010, but I wouldn't change where I've got to now.  Every single vehicle was saved from the threat of scrapping, and all will now exist for many years to come. All the owners are happy, I'm happy, and so the knockers can all go coco as far as I'm concerned.

One day the phone'll ring again, with reports of more somewhere else, and no doubt the whole cycle will start again. Meanwhile, the final summing up of Llandundo will be thus;

It was worth it.   :)