Author Topic: Invacars on BBC web site  (Read 8421 times)

wilksie

• Quite Chatty
Invacars on BBC web site
« on: June 29, 2013, 03:44:18 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-23061676

Is this the BBC catching up with the recent resurgence of interest in microcars? I do like the general tone of the article, though. Perhaps remembering a kinder, more caring age?
Lloyd LP400
"If you are mad, this is your car."

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Invacars on BBC web site
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 07:58:31 AM »
I just spotted this and was going to post but you beat me to it, dammit! I even had the link copied and ready for posting. Oh well, if I cannot be first I will be second: here folks. ICs on the BBC website today:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-23061676

Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 09:20:59 AM »
Now you have really upset Bobs day because he wanted to post this first...................

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
but if bob had posted it it would be off topic lounge , where it belongs . interesting article nice to see it got a mention , and to the non conversant seems quite informed , is it ? but no mention of " resurgence of interest in microcars  " wilksie
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 07:58:29 PM »
Nothing is going to upset my day, just had a great band practice and introduced two new nunbers to the set. Also looking forward to the trip down to Jeans tomorrow.
I did actually read the BBC piece and did wonder about the implications of the government declaring IC's as unsafe and the knock on effect that could have had on microcars! I guess like me the government must categorize them differently to microcar, Anyway, lets not go there again.

You may be pleased to know that I am basing the loom I'm making for the top secret Bobette project on  the wiring diagram found in the AC Acedes handbook that was kindly given me by Rob Dobie. ;)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 10:54:33 PM »
"the AC Acedes handbook that was kindly given me by Rob Dobie."

Pardon  ??? Crumbs Bob, when was it that I was so generous?  :-\
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 08:28:21 AM »
Oooo, it was a long way back Rob, you must have had a funny turn that week as you even paid for the postage!. ;D  Why, do you want it back?

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 11:55:37 AM »

You may be pleased to know that I am basing the loom I'm making for the top secret Bobette project on  the wiring diagram found in the AC Acedes handbook that was kindly given me by Rob Dobie. ;)

Does this mean that like the long delayed lifting of the cloak of secrecy surrounding the Stealth bomber prior to its pivotal role in winning the 1991 war with Iraq- that speaking publicly  of your Bobette project is no longer punishable by death?

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 12:26:37 PM »
Nurse, "Get Mr Dobie some smelling salts before he keels over and wants a wheelchair!"

Now I know roughly when my giving stuff away started. At least it's great now being able to crawl around my rooms etc. now instead of using a ladder!  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 02:02:03 PM »
don't know how bob will ever dare be seen out with it  ;) Bruetsch design , via Invacar to bobette  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 08:55:49 PM »
Sort of 'A.C. Av U let a Bruetsch Bobette out of the shed'? after Ronnie Barker.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 08:59:10 PM »
Thats nothing, I was seen behind the wheel of a Gordon this afternoon! :D
Hope Jammy Dodger didnt get it on video! The shame of it all! ;D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:00:45 PM by Bob Purton »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 09:08:23 PM »
the only way is up eh bob  ;) what is this car still missing

PICS OF THE DAY PLEASE

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 03:07:55 PM »
Nothing is going to upset my day, just had a great band practice and introduced two new nunbers to the set.

You used to count-in all your songs " 1, 2 "    but now you can count them in " 1, 2, 3, 4 " !
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Elvis

• Occasional
    • 3-wheelers.com
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 03:58:36 PM »
The BBC called me a couple of times for help with this article and we both tried to contact Stuart as he is the man when it comes to Invalid Carriages / Tricycles though unfortunately we couldnt get hold of him.   :(
1961 Reliant Regal Mk VI van