Author Topic: wanted Vernons Invacar  (Read 9868 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
wanted Vernons Invacar
« on: July 05, 2013, 06:54:22 PM »
direct predecesser to the Gordon lightcar / microcar just put me down for one if it ever turns up - i would pay a pretty good price and restore it to the same standard as any micro . do we have a good picture of one anywhere ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: wanted Vernons Invacar
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 07:32:18 PM »
There's a picture of the Vernon Invalid Car in Stuart's self published book An Introduction To Invalid Carriages.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 07:46:46 PM »
Hi Richard
               Stuarts book is copied from A Brief Pictopial History of the Invalid Tricycle published by Mike Lawrece and F Nailer in 1976 - with a few additions - he even copied the photos - I have a copy and I shall send it to you.
                                                                                                                      Mike

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 07:47:45 PM »
don't get me wrong bob i am not an i.c. convert - in fact i think the interest thing a bit odd . i would like a locally produced invacar and think it would be fun , but .....

whilst posting i saw mikes message - cheers mike
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 08:14:07 PM »
don't get me wrong bob i am not an i.c. convert

Who cares? I don't!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 08:14:39 PM »
Hi Richard
               Stuarts book is copied from A Brief Pictopial History of the Invalid Tricycle published by Mike Lawrece and F Nailer in 1976 - with a few additions - he even copied the photos - I have a copy and I shall send it to you.
                                                                                                                      Mike

No it isn't.  I used it as a starting point but the two publications are fundamentally different. As regards some of the photos, it's somewhat difficult to put a different picture in when said picture is still the only known half-decent picture around of such & such vehicle....

Good luck finding a Vernon Richard, as far as is known, the last complete car came off the road in 1968.  I then found the only known surviving lump of one in 2006, being engine, starter and engine cradle, most of which was ultimately donated to the Hammond Gordon.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 10:41:59 PM »
ah stuart interesting ,i had forgotten about that engine - but i think in the end rob used the 8E/R engine that mike and i sourced from Beaulieu .

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 11:25:44 PM »
But the Beaulieu 8E/R wasn't complete.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 08:48:16 AM »
So is that basis of a Vernon still together as an, albeit, intense restoration and last left example? If so it perhaps needs conserving. A Stuart sniff for later in the month.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »
Fascinating rob I had thought it complete - and just what was needed . What was missing ? Stuart which Vernons Invacar had the same 8E/R engine I hadn't known they shared it. The MKIII had the 9E didn't it ? All stuff I would like to know

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
I think there is a Vernon racing at about 2min 18sec  having just been fixed?

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/invalid-tricycle-association-rally/query/Invalid+carriages

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »
thats the one barry thanks , i know we have had it on the forum before . and yes it does seem to have the Villiers 8E/R ( reverse in gearbox ) engine