Author Topic: Kymco scooter  (Read 2346 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Kymco scooter
« on: August 01, 2013, 10:46:44 AM »
Hi  scooter enthusiasts. A kind neighbour has just given me his unwanted Kymco 250 scooter, its a single 4 stroke water cooled engine model, he has partly dismantled the engine to get to the stator plate as although it ran well was no longer charging the battery. Its not usually the kind of thing I would have been interested in but as it was a free gift! Can anyone tell me anything about these machines?

skootashaun

• Chatty
Re: Kymco scooter
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 09:14:25 PM »
Hi Bob.
Not really my thing either, but the Kymco is quite a good modern scooter.
Customer of mine has one, and tours up and down the country with no problems, and very comfy.

Not 100% sure on this one, but most modern and classic autos are charged from a regulater.
Stator puts out a high voltage, and cotrolled by the reg.
I have not ever found a non charge/over charge problem to be the fault of the stator on any modern bike/scooter.

There are normally good sites and forums to read, and I have an Auto repair manual at work (but I am for  few days.)

Did the neighbour leave all the bits he removed as well  ???
yup yup rabbit yup yup yup rabbit rabbit bunny jabber yup rabbit bunny yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup yup rabbit bunny jabber yup yup bunny jabber rabbit

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Kymco scooter
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply Shaun. Yes, I suspected the problem would be a component other than the stator. Thankfully its all there. I will collect it next week when he returns from Holiday. I can then reassemble it and take it from there. It could prove to be a usefull hack to hang on to.