Author Topic: e mail notification  (Read 2799 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
e mail notification
« on: July 11, 2013, 07:34:23 AM »
A new thing started on the forum this week . If you post a topic you now get notified by email that someone has responded. I can see thisi  being usefull to occasional users , but to regulars it's a pain. Can we unsubscribe from this service ?   
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Re: e mail notification
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 08:14:31 AM »
Richard.  I think you just check or un-check the 'Notify' box. (in between 'Reply@ and 'Mark unread')

However, if you do write a comment about a thread, I think you automatically get notified of a reply.  Try playing with the 'Notify' box.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 08:47:44 AM »
Thanks barry will think about that . Never had an email before though - on this - ok thanks I must have nudged the notify button by mistake . Fat thumbs tiny buttons
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:53:46 AM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »
just to be certain- go check your PROFILE
Profile--> Modify Profile--> Notifications and Email
and make sure that the box for
"Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic." is NOT selected.

It should be off by default but may have somehow been enabled due to an error (by the forum or by you)

If it is not enabled, then you accidentally hit the "NOTIFY" button when posting a new topic or replying as already mentioned.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 03:44:47 PM »
thanks jim - it wasn't me then . something odd has happened it has changed, the boxes are ticked , but not by me  ???

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 10:07:46 PM »
Oh no, the phantom box-ticker strikes again.   >:(

Probably the son of the guy who used to break into my house, cancel the VCR recording settings and then leave without a trace.....

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 10:11:34 PM »
titter ye not andrew - it is indeed a phantom . it wasnt me and so i guess we have all been re-profiled have we ?