Author Topic: HAMMOND GORDON  (Read 25557 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: HAMMOND GORDON
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 05:54:03 PM »
still to find out if the square petrol tank, tank cap ( adjustable type) , battery carrier , wipac lighting switch , speedo D shape smiths and starter solenoid are present
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:00:52 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 06:14:30 PM »
last one but do keep an eye out for these as well
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:37:09 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

GoggoPete

• Occasional
    • Essex DAFs
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 06:55:49 PM »
I can probably help you with the biro... :P :P
Addicted to quirky tatt!
DAF32 (for sale), DAF33 (being restored), DAF33 van (in the queue), DAF66 estate (being restored), DAF66 coupe (daily DAF), Goggomobil 250 Limousine, Rover SD1 V8

www.essexdafs.proboards.com

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 07:04:56 PM »
ROFLMHO _ textspeak - come on then any guesses ?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:37:11 PM by richard »

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »
still to find out if the square petrol tank, tank cap ( adjustable type) , battery carrier , wipac lighting switch , speedo D shape smiths and starter solenoid are present

New tank and battery carrier were made and fitted. Wipac lighting switch , speedo D shape smiths should be with the car.

I was told that you went to Jean's at some point and saw the Gordon?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 08:40:51 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 09:07:32 PM »

ROFLMHO, Rolling On Floor Laughing My Head Off.

How about WIMPBLOB, Wet In My Pants By Laughing, Oh Blast.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 09:14:11 PM »
find the rest and it's not far off then  :) yep i did pop in but without the crew i couldn't get to grips with The Gordon i.e. didn't open the bonnet and look for any detail . as you can imagine i spent more time with the rarities , the Champions etc. also i didn't identify what was missing . Actually , and i really don't mean to sound patronising at all , i am amazed that you got on with the car so well not having one for reference . you seem to have done all that could be done given the bits that just aren't there !The challenge now is to find if any of the missing bits can be found . ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 09:19:24 PM »

ROFLMHO, Rolling On Floor Laughing My Head Off.

You sure its not something about Rolf being a homo?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:31 PM »
last one but do keep an eye out for these as well

One degree qualified Whippet I can believe, but two with motar boards is just boasting.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2013, 09:31:29 PM »
can't say i appreciate the contamination of the topic by a lot of drivel really but  thats life i suppose  :-\

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 09:04:21 AM »
Back on topic then. Do you want me to take a set of detailed photo's of the resurrected Gordon this weekend? If so which areas to concentrate on?   

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »
kind of you bob - if you get a chance 2 queries

pic 1 what is the block , attached to front frame downtube , for

pic2 what is this odd piece for , centre of pic, it's found just above that in pic 1

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »
and finally , i appreciate there is no wiring on Jeans car but - when i bought cable to wire my car i was told , on the forum i think , that the cable from solenoid to lucas starter motor must be heavy as it would get VERY HOT > since found the old  harness and the original ex factory cable from solenoid to starter motor is PUNY i.e. 1 up from lightest ! who's correct ? Yellow cable in pic is as per wiring loom black is as advised 

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 01:50:51 PM »
kind of you bob - if you get a chance 2 queries

pic 1 what is the block , attached to front frame downtube , for

pic2 what is this odd piece for , centre of pic, it's found just above that in pic 1

Funny, I don't remember seeing those parts or fitting them.

Also no solenoid. Where is that fitted.  No exhaust system fitted either. Bond type is it?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:55:13 PM by Rob Dobie »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 02:28:11 PM »
I would agree, the cable to the starter motor must be heavy and there must be a solenoid otherwise the ignition switch would soon burn out. Unless the starter motor is the type with a solenoid attached but they are much later I think. So, is the wiring on your car original? Did all the Gordons catch fire due to unprofessional electrics? The plot thickens.  Did you actually remove the loom from the soleniod and motor?

Re the photo's, I cant really get my head around them out of context but I will take some pics around that area and hope it enlightens you.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:52:35 PM by Bob Purton »