Author Topic: micro on video  (Read 10516 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Re: micro on video
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 02:13:09 PM »
Me lift a Gordon! At the moment I can't even raise a smile :(
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 02:15:12 PM »
 National '83 at Sudeley Castle. Gordon Fitzgerald dusted off his Gordon and blasted it full bore round the slalom course, full broadside and wheel-spinning. Twice.  Both times showing a clean pair of heels to the Messerschmitt (I think) and the Bond Mk D he was drawn against on each occasion. Then later on in the day it took part in the grand parade of all cars moving. I've got a copy of the official video, done, I think, by Steve Pepper...    

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 02:46:16 PM »
Well whatever are we waiting for ? Bring it on ! And Stuart I didn't have any idea such film existed I would love a copy ! By the way I have never posted on youtube before . I have the newsreel video and whilst we showed it on the tv my son recorded it on his I - phone and posted it after opening an account for me . He did want to be connected to it in any way ! By the way that 1983 NMCR sounds a lot more fun than the boring Nationals I haven't bothered going to more recently . Back in the day I used to attend in order to view and do a bit of networking . The internet has changed all that hasn't it ? Doesn't the rally have to offer a little more ?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 04:26:45 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 04:13:58 PM »
Of course it is always possible that the low survival rate of Gordons may be to them being knobbled by Bond and Schmitt owners in revenge for being shown up  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 05:27:30 PM »
They would not be allowed to lift it now(health and safety) max permissible lift 28lbs each so at 6CWT you would need 24 people  so you back would be fine Rob

I would like to see the race re-enacted would the only running Gordon be driven as hard?
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 05:54:45 PM »
Well I suspect Gordon Fitzgeralds would still be the easiest to get going ! Nick taylor hoping to be at Malvern with the ex Gordon Gunter yellow/ blue one , but it's not running . Jamie even said last week he would like to get jeans going for Malvern . Who knows ?

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 11:56:38 AM »
They would not be allowed to lift it now(health and safety) max permissible lift 28lbs each....

It's always worth correcting these mis-statements as someone will actually believe them - which is how most H&S nonsense gets generated.

The Health & Safety Executive (who I think are quite trustworthy on H&S matters) say:
Is there a maximum weight a person can lift during their work?

The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended) set no specific requirements such as weight limits.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 06:43:44 PM »
Jamie and I and his Mum and Dad sat all through the whole hour and forty minutes of the Sudeley National (1983) video last night. It was not too bad for us because it had been one of the Nationals that we had organised and it was fun trying to recognise the people taking part.  Michael didn't even recognise himself at one point!
There are some nice shots of Gordon Fitzgerld's Gordon on the move. both in the races and the Grand Parade at the end.  There was a shot of the Allard Clipper that is now in Otto's collection in Germany being driven by Ian Danniford who was its owner at that time.  He was awarded the Bravest Journey Prize on this occasion for driving up from Southampton(I think) accompanied by an Isetta which actually towed him at one point when he broke down! We certainly used our cars in the 1980's.  Jamie is going to attempt to get some footage from the video and put it on You Tube but we are sure if it will work.  Jean
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:47:02 PM by Jean »
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 06:57:32 PM »
Thanks jean I have no idea how its meant to be done but the Gordon one was easy enough just recorded from viewing the TV ( 42") it didn't suffer in quality - the newsreel was rubbish anyway   :D we had to experiment with sound - recorded  on max .
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:03:41 PM by richard »

Garybond

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »
Replying to Andrew above it was stated tongue in cheek but you are incorrect all bags of cement are now 25kg and 9" concrete solid blocks if available  must be lifted by 2 people if you workl in the building trade all lifting is now done for items of about 1/2 cwt or more by 2 people at least so check your facts before correcting others
Health and Saftey are fairly stringent on the above and compensation will not be paid by people being Mr Strongman
1952 B minitruck 1957 Isetta bubble

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 07:08:42 PM »
looking forward to a bit of Sudeley Castle on video if jamie can manage it , sounds great fun . unfortunately i find most rally video's dry as a bone - probably as nothing much happens at them anymore  :'(

the bond national rally has great silly games still but not sure if they are " allowed " technically
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:42:54 PM by richard »