Author Topic: Update needed  (Read 11289 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Update needed
« on: August 06, 2013, 10:00:51 AM »
It seems nobody has updated the site http://www.rumcars.org/ for years as can be checked by some of the details and dates. Last updated April2010.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:04:11 AM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Update needed
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 04:00:01 PM »
Should I summarize the series of events that have led to this? 
:-\

NickPoll

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »
I'm not sure if Jonathan should be doing this. If he should, let me know and I'll get him on the task. He needs whipping every now & then. Typical long haired teenager I'm afraid.     Nick.
Messerschmitt Tiger 500, KR201 roadster, 1955 KR200, 1958 KR200, 1959 KR200, 1964 KR200, Nobel 200, Morgan Super Sports, Goggo Coupe, Isetta 300, Velorex 350, Bond mk D, Lomax.

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:57:23 PM »
Jamie was supposed to be all over this as well.
Not sure the length of hair has anything to do with it though.

There is another thread someplace that covers all this, I should find it and post the link rather than re-type it all.

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 12:04:01 PM »
now listen hear, i am doing GCSE exams now and so i don't have the time any more! nobody has volunteered to do it other than me and Jonathan and now we are both doing exams. so instead of moaning why don't you do it? >:( >:( ??? ???
peel p50   28 chickens  Land Rover series 3   Ginetta G26  Heinkel 175
check out
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWWcFabkWKKjKynSLLeW7qw
for the RUMcars you tube channel

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 12:09:59 PM »
In fact if you look i almost finished it!

http://preview.editmysite.com/1254N1
check out

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »
The whole point is that us lot CANNOT do that sort of thing, we were not bought up in the digital age like you stroppy teenagers! We are ok with spanners, bashing metel , building wardrobes etc but button pushing? No way. Dont you think one of us would have refreshed the site by now if we had the skills? Best finish your exams first though.

ps. That preview of the new home page looks great, you have chosen some really interesting cars there! If thats what we eventually get I would have NO complaints!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:44:26 PM by Bob Purton »

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 02:45:20 PM »
When I said update the site I meant change some of the old details on this one we are using! As can be seen on the opening page ....

RUMCAR NEWS
Our newsletter - no.104 out now! Now you can subscribe with PAYPAL!      Contact Tony Marshall : TonyRumCars@aol.com   I'm sure he would like that at the moment!
MICROCAR NEWS
Latest News Updates, 27 December 2008 . Events can now be found on our FORUM

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:52:33 PM by Rob Dobie »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »
As far as I know Jim is the only one that can change that althouigh as Chris is supposed to also be an administrator should he not also have the right buttons to make these changes?

micro marshall

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 07:31:19 PM »
Rob you are looking at this address? :P

http://preview.editmysite.com/1254N1
check out

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 07:40:25 PM »
I am not talking about your new upgraded site. I am saying that the present one needs updating in time scale. The dates and information on editions of Rumcar News etc. is out of date. as is the name of the editor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I give up. Somebody help me from little boys.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 08:27:00 PM »
Hi Rob, At the moment only Jim Janecek can make alterations to the existing site and unfortunately he has not the time to spare to help us.  We are deeply indebted to Jim for all he has done in the past and I am now trying to find out from him if Jamie can be allowed to do the necessary alterations in Jim's stead.  The enthusiasm is there and much more computer knowledge than I have  but I have see if Jim can tell us how easy it will be for Jamie to do the alterationson the existing web site. If it can be done it would take much less time to bring things up to date rather than create a brand new web site what Jamie is trying to do at the moment  Once we can get things sorted Jamie is quite prepared to keep things up to date and add other features as when they are required.   Watch this space Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 01:22:54 AM »
I attempted to privately address this issue on March 29 of this year after being asked about it and my lengthy and helpful reply was completely and utterly ignored.

I have deleted the out of date references that Rob Dobie has kindly pointed out.

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 08:51:29 AM »
Thanks for all the hard work you do for Rumcars and forum Jim. Please don't think I was getting at you. Rob.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 06:41:47 PM »
i am sure you didn't mean it rob but as a bystander , do nothing sloath , all that came over as a bit nasty and griping . if it had perhaps originally had a bit of " could anyone manage "or " has anyone noticed " . perhaps it a bit like texting - these things can easily be misunderstood and the tone of the comment is sometimes difficult to gauge . the smileys , and by no means all of them are smileys  ;) ,are  added to help to give an intonation that otherwise in hard to put a finger on .
i am sure all of us DO appreciate the work put in by those who do do something and thank goodness for them ! :)

outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977