Author Topic: what a delightful surprise !  (Read 1750 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
what a delightful surprise !
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:53:29 PM »
what a treat ! unfortunately we were in a mad hurry to get to grandma's so a quick stop for photo's - and no time to even buy an ice cream ! a newly restored Jowett Bradford ice cream van late 40's early 50's i think . it is a working commercial trading fully and not what i first thought it was a modern van in retro style , it appears to be correct - lovely , unlike the rushed photo's
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: what a delightful surprise !
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:59:45 PM »
2 more photo's . marcus i think may appreciate this - if no-one else  :)

OMG  :) i was told some time ago by clive and andrea steggel (see next weeks Cheshire Micro Car Rally ) to try an ice cream van manufacturer in cheshire for aluminium trim to surround the cockpit of a Bond A, B,C and D  .i tried but the trail was a bit cold - i have just looked closely at these photo's and wonder at the condition of the trim running horizontally around the van . It LOOKS like new trim identical to that used by Bond in the 50's now this i definitely will have to follow up .
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:48:53 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »
see what i mean ?

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 09:03:55 AM »
Beautiful! Trim looks good too.
A couple of restored  Morris J Commercial ice cream vans operate in London.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face