Author Topic: Which microcar is the most like an aeroplane??  (Read 16106 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: Which microcar is the most like an aeroplane??
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 11:47:06 AM »
Gosh, that got everyone posting again!  I was beginning to think the forum was being boycotted after I removed the Bobbydog topic!  I am glad it is not, I miss the chatter!  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 11:47:43 AM »
Why stick with the old stuff.......................(and in case no one's noticed, I am ignoring Richard)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:17:22 PM by Barry »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 12:54:51 PM »
I would like to ignore you Barry but there's so little on  ;) my problem is you drag everything onto another subject . I am trying to think but have you EVER posted ANYTHING regarding unusual microcars - under unusual micro car discussion , I am not sure you have . :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 03:40:46 PM »
I'm sorry Richard.  I really will try to stay on track in the future.
I have such a broad interest in so many different unusual vehicles, I forget than I am supposed to stick to unusual microcars on here.

Rare is good but unusual and rare the better. 

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 04:21:58 PM »
Barry ! Much amusement at this end ! When I only questioned if you had EVER made a relevant comment I awaited correction . Sorry I only joined the. Forum 3 years ago so could not have been aware that you did make a relevant comment back in 2008 !  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »
I would like to ignore you Barry but there's so little on  ;) my problem is you drag everything onto another subject . I am trying to think but have you EVER posted ANYTHING regarding unusual microcars - under unusual micro car discussion , I am not sure you have . :)

Barry's posts are always interesting, and do relate to microcars by and large.
I hereby crown you "Richard the Rude". ;D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:11:19 PM by steven mandell »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 07:13:44 PM »
well you don't read with any discernment steven  :) as barry himself quoted his 2008 offering  :D

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 07:41:32 PM »
Perhaps Barry is too humble or polite to point out the obvious.
His recent posts allowed all Rumcars readers to see the extensive video coverage of "Microcars South", which was a very interesting multi make microcar shoot from the My Clasic Car TV show and the marvelous old footage of the forgotton Hungarian microcars are just the latest of his valuable offerings.
i dare say that they have been the most interesting bits we've had the privelage of seeing as of late.

Did you not discern these earlier?

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 07:51:46 PM »
sorry all musn't let this get out of hand  :) steven if you read my original point back , i was making the point that barry has a tendency to drag things " off topic " he agrees ! i asked about Unusual microcar posts under unusual microcar discussion heading - barrys replied - he does wander off  . i never meant that he hasn't added interesting items for one moment . 

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 08:43:14 PM »
Ding Ding.       End of round one!  

It's great that when there are important things to discuss like threads, light lenses and trim etc. there is a wealth of knowledge and help amongst the contributors.
So many people have found answers or links to really important information.

We are all on here because we love small cars, the history and diversity.

At the same time we can discuss some more trivial issues and there is plenty of harmless banter / fun.
None of us want to stick to a one make 'closed shop'.  But at the same time we all favour certain makes over others (even Gordons). ;D

Some want to stick a bit more rigidly to the Microcar rails.  Unfortunately I am interested in all things unusual and sometimes I am too keen to share info on peripheral vehicles.

Thanks for your support Steven.  I understand your side Richard.
I don't want anyone falling out over my contributions which can be serious or just a casual side issue depending on the mood of the topic.

Time to get back to enjoying the forum and finding some genuine aeroplane microcars.  I must admit, I fell in love a long time ago with the car that Bob originally posted.
Such style. If money were no object I would love to recreate it.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 08:45:55 PM by Barry »

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »
sorry all musn't let this get out of hand.   i asked about Unusual microcar posts under unusual microcar discussion heading -  i never meant that he hasn't added interesting items for one moment .  
The Pajtas (Buddy) is indeed a very interesting microcar that I would never have been aware of if it weren't for Barry's posts showing the charming forgotten Hungarian microcars that were indeed  published under the            "unusual microcar discussion heading", just 12 days prior to your launching your complaint that such actions were never taken.
Clearly there is some lack of discernment here.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 05:28:24 PM by steven mandell »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 08:54:51 AM »
There are some strong contenders here.

Kemps Motorcycle Plane must take the two wheel category?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrscharroo/9448708857/

The road plane of 1934 could take the microcar cup.  (is it or isn't it?.............might be more than 600cc (or is it 700cc)...............Not that again please!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrscharroo/8683465428/

The other cars on mrsscharroo are of much interest - coloured B&W
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:57:17 AM by Barry »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
 "I must admit, I fell in love a long time ago with the car that Bob originally posted.
Such style. If money were no object I would love to recreate it."

The same thought crossed my mind Barry. Propably wouldnt be that hard to recreate but I will leave that one to you, no more project cars for me after Bobette!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 09:07:13 PM »
more details could follow if required but IT IS A MICROCAR Bob 300cc French 1925

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnNm5P5jr_M
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:24:47 PM by richard »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 09:17:11 PM »
this one too 1921-1922 French also
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:30:25 PM by richard »