Author Topic: Bazaar occurance  (Read 3857 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Bazaar occurance
« on: November 30, 2013, 06:17:03 PM »
A strange thing happen to me today at Portobello rd. I had parked up and was walking down to Portobello to see a client when I heard the popping of a two stroke coming from behind me, expecting to see a scooter go past I was shocked to see a red Schmitt cabrio fly past and disappear around the corner, next thing I know the car had turned around and was heading back towards me. The car stopped at a junction right alongside where I was standing, I glanced across and said Oh, Hello Perry [P50 on this forum], what are you doing hear to which he replied I have just moved in just over the road, "What are you doing hear?" I don't know who was the most surprised to see who!  :D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Bazaar occurance
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 12:00:53 AM »
sure bob means bizarre  but it was wasn't it  !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bazaar
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 12:48:55 AM »
I guess you'll have to market as wrong
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 08:57:26 AM »
Meerkat do you mean  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 12:50:40 PM »
No, I did mean Bazaar!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 01:32:49 PM »
a covered permanent market in persia hmmm ?

i remember shortly after getting my first Bond i arranged to meet a chap at a little canal side tea shop , in Shropshire i think , he was to get some bonnet badges made from my original and i had it in my pocket . i had never been there before or met Eric before, he and i would be driving modern cars . as i stood watching the narrow boats fuelling and watering i heard the pop-pop of a two stroke coming fairly fast towards the hump back bridge to my side of the canal . i dashed over to intercept this stranger . It was a Bond estate , as he flew past i yanked out my bonnet badge and flashed it in his vision . he screeched to a halt equally astounded. coincidence or what. we chatted for a bit and he and his wife drove off never to be seen again . he was not from the area and had never been there before like myself , i have been to quite a few Bond Rallies since and i don't think he's  been there . Eric arrived later and could barely believe it . Truly B.....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:21:47 PM by richard »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »
These strange thing do happen!

Portobello mkt is mainly an undercover market consisting of many arcades, I assume you have never been there Richard, and there I was thinking you the HM would appreciate my little play on words! Disappointed! ;)  Big Al would have got it! Speaking of which, we haven't heard from him of late, hope he is ok.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »
Bizarrely bazaar!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face