Author Topic: WHO IS INTERESTED IN A GORDON RESTORATION PROJECT ?  (Read 22943 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
WHO IS INTERESTED IN A GORDON RESTORATION PROJECT ?
« on: August 23, 2013, 09:22:25 PM »
The phone / email has been very busy on and off this month regarding the ex- middlesex Gordon which we now know resides in Dorset .
As of tonight i hear that this car is definitely available , the owner wishes to part with it at long last . Nothing to do with the possible middle man that attended Jeans open day , coincidentally the owners family have made contact and can be contacted via an official middleman .The car is on it's original tyres though has sufferred in recent times , retrieving the car will be a case of through the neighbours garden .

try me for further details
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: WHO IS INTERESTED IN A GORDON RESTORATION PROJECT ?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
more pics - look closely  ;) a fair bit of corrosion to steel i think , after saying that it's mainly alluminium front and rear . - there has been interest !
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:05:09 AM »
I think you should take it on yourself Richard, this one and yours would make a nice pair of bookends. ;)

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 10:17:16 AM »
I think you should take it on yourself Richard, this one and yours would make a nice pair of bookends. ;)
thats cruel. Even Gordon needs saved.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 10:18:59 AM »
don't think i haven't considered it bob - but what is the point of one person owning a 1/3rd of all the Gordons surviving ? in fact if that Newcastle one has been scrapped , which i doubt , then it would have been 2/5ths . a bit like Bruce having all those Schmitts . i certainly would buy it if it's in any more danger but as long as it gets a good home ....... and there are interested parties so ......

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 10:43:06 AM »
Messerschmitt, I wasnt suggesting it shouldnt be saved and feel Richard may be the best man to save it. Whats wrong with owning a third of all survivors Richard?

I'm in Dorset regularly if you need help.

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
I'm seriously thinking about it. For once I have the space and the money isn't out of the question and the fabrication work needed isn't much different from what was done to my bond.

There are four Honda z600s supposedly taxed in Britain with a similar amount on sorn. I had three of them until 2011. That's nearly half.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »
First of all this Gordon has been on our Register since 1996 it is R986 so that is one good thing and if any one takes it on please let Alastair know the name of the new owner.

Secondly, I would like you all to know that Richard has agreed to become the Contact person for the Gordon Section of the Register of Unusual Microcars.  He has undertaken to research any known sightings of these rare beasts and generally encourage any one remotely interested in restoring or completing a restoration of one of them.  He is uniquely placed for this task as he lives very near to the spot where they were manufactured and has already amassed a great deal of information about them.  Thank you very much Richard, we look forward to any gems you may wish to impart through the pages of RUMCAR NEWS.  Of course any new finds must be put on the Register via Alastair Lauchland but Richard is the first point of contact.

Should anyone else feel they can undertake to be contact person for any other section of the Register.  Please do contact me, many hands make light work.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »
actually jean on that last remark , on the Gordon i think you will find it's actually thanks to Messrs. WIPAC and LEP  ;)

Nimrod Cabin

• Chatty
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 07:01:56 PM »
actually jean on that last remark , on the Gordon i think you will find it's actually thanks to Messrs. WIPAC and LEP  ;)

Raydyot too unless I am very much mistaken
7 x Bond Minicars ABCCDDF

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 07:05:06 PM »
hmmm in which respect ? those headlights ,as Bond C , i was told were LEP am i wrong ? i do know they are VERY hard to find  ;)

Nimrod Cabin

• Chatty
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 07:14:52 PM »
Certainly very scarce but I reckon they are Raydyot origin
7 x Bond Minicars ABCCDDF

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »
ah ! not that it helps but bowls, rims and lenses all unmarked aren't they . i knew the earlier Bond A/B headlamps were Raydyot so it makes sense.

messerschmitt

• Chatty
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 08:40:26 PM »
Richard
Pm me your number and I will call tomorrow on the way home from London to discuss the Gordon.
Have you seen it and do they have a separate chassis.  What's the access too.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 09:25:39 PM »
i will but as i am out at a hog roast from 1pm till late unlikely i will answer unfortunately  :-\