Author Topic: WHO IS INTERESTED IN A GORDON RESTORATION PROJECT ?  (Read 22979 times)

Bobbydog

• Chatty
Re: WHO IS INTERESTED IN A GORDON RESTORATION PROJECT ?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 04:47:40 PM »
It seems such a pity that people are excluded from the buying process because one dosent belong to certain clicks. It has been made aware to me that if you don't belong to the select few, then one in excommunicated.
Even if you are as pure as driven snow, one is deemed a wrong 'un through association.
That's a pretty poor show in my eyes.
I wanted to be given the opportunity to purchase , but was slapped down almost immediately, and told in no uncertain terms that I am not allowed.
Shame really, as the owners would not get the best realistic price

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 06:22:38 PM »
Don't believe a word of it ! I told you politely that you were in the queue ! But 3 firm offers before you - can't  be fairer than that . As for cliques , I have never met or even spoken to any of those ahead of you . You have not however done yourself any favours I am afraid .
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:51:31 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bobbydog

• Chatty
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 07:58:32 PM »
Very sorry richard but I have ended up with priviledged information that I did not seek . As I appear to have the choice I will not be putting you to the top of the 4 man queue. Your known associatiopn with steven mandell and the export of cars from europe is somethoing I do not encourage . Bfn

If this isn't a rebuff, then what is !!!

Bobbydog

• Chatty
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 08:03:11 PM »
Anyone should be allowed to price themselves in , this is to enable the best possible price for the seller, NO ONE should be excluded....
Should not the seller decide, indeed have you put the options of public bidding on the rumcars site
That way it is above board and open to scrutiny by all
Highest bid buys,  not to whom you think is or is not qualified

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 08:25:39 PM »
Hasn't the microcar world changed? When I sold my collection to different people in 1976, I sold them to people I liked, not to any old git with too much dosh in his pockets.  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bobbydog

• Chatty
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 08:45:04 PM »
Oh rob,
I am no git, neither do I have pockets full of money,
I, like many others do not like being excluded without even having options to purchase.
You certainly are allowed to sell Your cars to whomever you wished to, as they were your cars,
This car is not owned by the member, so surely it is in the members best interest to obtain the best possible price

Bobbydog

• Chatty
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 08:51:23 PM »
Oh, and rob, did the owners of you collection previous to you, say no sorry, I'm only selling to my friends or did you offer the right price and they accepted.  I would think it is the latter,

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 08:51:13 AM »
Not many people were interested in microcars in the 1970s. If you read "My Story" with microcars in the last RUMCar News and in the following editions writen by Stuart, you will find that I never offered over £75 for any of the cars. Some were given to me,( a Peel P50, for nothing! the other one cost £10) can't see that happening today. Profit wise .... Some sold at a loss others, maybe £40 to 50 profit if I was lucky. Happy Days.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:00:26 AM by Rob Dobie »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 09:45:44 AM »
Not many people were interested in microcars in the 1970s. If you read "My Story" with microcars in the last RUMCar News and in the following editions writen by Stuart, you will find that I never offered over £75 for any of the cars. Some were given to me,( a Peel P50, for nothing!) can't see that happening today. Profit wise .... Some sold at a loss others, maybe £40 to 50 profit if I was lucky. Happy Days.

I bought my first Isetta in the late 1970's and it was a tough decision.  £100 was the final sum and it was a close call. Was it worth it?
I used it for work for about a year and (my friend Andy bought a red one) we raced them around the farm at weekends.
I sold them both for £150 the pair as I needed room when I moved to Great Wakering.  The buyer never collected so I towed them to Westcliffe railway station and left them in the car park.  Close to the buyers house. I assume they were scrapped?

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 11:09:30 AM »
towed them to Westcliffe railway station and left them in the car park.

Great story, love it.
Nice to see a vintage accessory piece stuck on the rear window of ACO333A. I stuck one of those demister elements on the window of my first car in 1969, an Austin A30.  :D Happy Days.

Love the little furry rat catcher in the photo!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:11:13 AM by Rob Dobie »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 12:25:41 PM »
Sorry that we have wandered from Gordons.............

Broken-coat Jack Russel rat catcher going by the name of Bullet. 

The heated rear screen was great as the car stayed out in the elements at all times. 
Later, during the winter, I put an electric fan heater in the Isetta on an extension lead.
I turned it on first thing in the morning and by the time I was ready to go (3 miles) to work it was roasting in there.

Racing the mopeds was also good fun.

Happy days.

Bobbydog

• Chatty
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 05:33:16 PM »
Are we going to get vback to the question originally placed about the Gordon,
Is it still for sale,       I'm interested
Is it sold.                  Please inform me
Has owner been notified of a seller who has been told not to bother bidding

These are the questions that need thorough answers

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 07:26:02 PM »
As previously stated 4 people made there interest known the business is now between the first of those and the vendor . If that doesn't work out I dare say we will here about it some way . I , fortunately , am out of the loop - PHEW . By the way great time was had at the National , many subjects being discussed amongst the forum members who chose to make themselves known . Lovely to see the Gordon
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 08:19:00 PM by richard »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »
Here is the Gordon that was at the National for those that missed it. Hope to post some more pics from the National tomorrow
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »
AH, the Gordon that was Gordon's Gordon. A few years ago his Dad told me he reckoned it could have been worth £10,000