Author Topic: Isetta rear light glasses  (Read 20293 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Isetta rear light glasses
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2014, 10:57:05 PM »
Well yes. Its a shame really as the chassis number reveals that it was made in late 59 because there are cars out there with a higher number than mine and 59 registered but the DVLA only accept factory records and there are non. Also glasses guide which doesn't  give precise enough details to establish the date of manufacture of my car.
Still by the sound of it we may soon have a roll on exemption date for classic cars anyway.

AndyL

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2014, 11:23:16 AM »
1960 was when the MOT was first introduced wasn't it? I have a feeling that will stay put, a bit like the no seat belt law.

A rolling tax year would be handy, always thought that was one of the meanest things things that Gordon Brown did when he froze the rolling 25 year free tax on his first budget back in 1997.
1959 LHD 3-wheel Isetta.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2014, 12:40:39 PM »
It was a fiscally stupid, anti old car Government that dismantled a thriving industry of independents and small businesses. The stopping of the rolling tax was the public announcement of that policy. The politicians fundamentally misunderstood what they were doing in the name of political correctness and expediency. Then they are surprised the country goes bust. Thats why Politicians should have index linked pay. Country makes a profit, they do well, makes a loss, then they get only a base allowance.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs