Author Topic: Pathe  (Read 6303 times)

Barry

• Prolific Poster
Pathe
« on: September 11, 2013, 10:14:44 PM »
All quiet on the Forum..................

Enjoy

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/invalid-carriage

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: Pathe
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:31:19 PM »
I beat you to it,  I downloaded this clip along with others many moons ago, http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/micr0film/  albeit preview quality! There's a few more conveyance on there, I guess you could seek them out now that Pathe changed their titles, so we can watch them in better quality, something to keep you occupied.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:48:40 PM by blob »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 10:37:29 PM »
oh blob i was going to say similarly but as barry was trying to be good i.e. a vaguely micro i.c. in the correct spot i didn't like to damage his enthusiasm . goodness knows what you will drive him too now  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:52:25 PM »
Well I used to go on Pathe when I couldn't sleep at night! But as mentioned when they changed their site all the links where useless, Here's a project for Barry: find everything I found plus more so we can rewatch them in better quality, it drove me mad when I did it!  :o

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 06:58:07 AM »
There is life out there still!

I was mainly interested in the single rear light on this one.  2 5/8" diameter I think.  Not sure of the part number or if it was standard?

I know this clip has been on before along with some of the Invalid carriage racing and games but new members to the forum might find it interesting.

And at this point I introduce my new electric microcar..............................................Am I banned yet?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 11:45:29 AM »
Am I banned yet?

Not yet, as Richard pointed out, you're in the rights spot, although 'chuck it in a skip' springs to mind when I look at this pic.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:51:37 PM by blob »

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
Am I banned yet?

Not yet, as Richard pointed out, you're in the rights spot, although 'chuck it a skip' springs to mind when I look at this pic.

Jealousy..........................

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 12:46:04 PM »
I have nothing against mobility aids as such - but sincerely hope that i wont need to be showing barry's level of interest for at least 30 years  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 03:57:28 PM »
Alas we need people like Barry to document various aspects of social history, though he seems to be continually down grading! Can't wait to see what comes after the Battery Car.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 04:43:53 PM »
Alas we need people like Barry to document various aspects of social history, though he seems to be continually down grading! Can't wait to see what comes after the Battery Car.

Meadows Frisky next.  Then a Gordon perhaps.! ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 06:27:05 PM »
Another thread I missed, what a fascinating machine, and mobility for that man who otherwise would have had very limited independence.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face