Author Topic: RUMCAR NEWS No.118  (Read 23136 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
RUMCAR NEWS No.118
« on: September 14, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »
The Autumn edition is in the post.  Another bumper bundle, Gabriel Voisin, Rob Dobie Cars, Cursor, Heinkel History, news about new cars, Milk Float mishaps as well as most of the regular articles as well.  Well done Chris.  If you have not subscribed yet for this year, remember even at this late date you will receive all the issues for 2013. also if you want to economise you can always take out a subscription for e-copies which is a considerable saving.  If you are interested in microcars this magazine is a must for you.                 Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

GoggoPete

• Occasional
    • Essex DAFs
Re: RUMCAR NEWS No.118
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 02:59:58 PM »
I subscribed for the electronic version, not because I'm an economical tight-wad but because I like saving trees (that way I feel less guilty when a field of daisies dies everytime I drive past and my car backfires :D).

I could always print it to paper if I like but I also save on postage costs for the club and I receive it instantly.

It's a good read so keep up the good work! :)
Addicted to quirky tatt!
DAF32 (for sale), DAF33 (being restored), DAF33 van (in the queue), DAF66 estate (being restored), DAF66 coupe (daily DAF), Goggomobil 250 Limousine, Rover SD1 V8

www.essexdafs.proboards.com

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 12:43:38 PM »
Got mine today. I particularly enjoyed the Gabriel Voisin article, just the kind of stuff that really interests me , well done Chris! I cant say the same about the Milk float article, whats the connection here with microcars? I shouldnt complain as it would seem that the readers interests are very broad these day. Great job again Chris, keep up the good work. Non subscribers don't know what they are missing!

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 01:25:45 PM »
I cant say the same about the Milk float article, whats the connection here with microcars?

One of your Editor's loves ....Electric vehicles.  ??? ??? YUK!
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 01:51:50 PM »
I havnt read your article yet Rob or should I say Stuarts but will do so tonight. I tend to agree, although I own an electric car which is a brilliant tool I cant get excited about them.

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »
International mail must be faster! Mine arrived her in the States on Monday.

1958 FriskySport

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 04:55:07 PM »
Great piece about your Frisky Sport, Mark. Sometimes I wish I had kept my Family Three and Sport that I owned in 1976. Both are still about I believe.  ;D

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 05:51:53 PM »
Thank you, It has been a lot of fun since we put her back on the road. Could not have done this without the help from Rmcars and other Frisky oweners.
1958 FriskySport

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 10:37:10 PM »
Just found some photos of the Friskys I owned in 1976.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 10:39:00 PM by Rob Dobie »

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 02:13:14 AM »
Thanks for posting the pictures and if we knew what some things would be worth now we would have never parted with them. I am lucky that my father never sold the Frisky that has sat idle for most of the time. Someday I would like to try and find a Family Three.
1958 FriskySport

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 09:08:02 PM »
As you know, Rumcar News is read all around the English speaking globe.

Since RCN 118 was published two weeks ago articles have also appeared in other club magazines, So far The Goggo page has been reprinted into the Australian Microcar and scooter club magazine, and The Battery Vehicle Society want to reprint the Kewet Buddy article. I am sure that before November other articles will have been reprinted, increasing the number of Microcar owners world wide who know about Rumcar News.  Moreover they seem to like what we write.

Spread the words, and the words are" Rumcar News"

Chris Thomas

Mark Green

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 10:27:35 PM »
I will take the 2 copies of Rumcar News that our Frisky has been in wherever I go. Everyone that looks at the magazine likes the "Little Cars"!
1958 FriskySport

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 12:17:19 PM »
i notice in his editorial Chris mentions that when i do a Gordon page i have promised " many amusing stories " don't hold your breath ! No such promise was ever , or will ever , be made .  :) yes there will be some hopefully new bit's of information but with only 6 surviving cars it's a a very small pond to be a big fish in  :)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 04:44:32 PM »
Dear Richard

Rob Dobie kept us on the edge of our seats for years with the restoration of the Hammond Gordon, I am sure you can do better.

Chris Thomas
Rumcar News

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 06:07:09 PM »
i will reply on the Gordon topic - not to bushwack this topic
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977